• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Why millions buy Harleys

My dad and brother had Fat Boys until we all rode to Daytona for biketober in 2005. Three fuel stops later and we finally got there. Mom was with us in her car as she refused to sit on the bike. I got of my R1150RT fresh as can be and took mom out for dinner while the Harley guys slept off their craptastic ride in the motel room….:laugh

After this trip, my dad and brother went straight to the BMW dealer and got a K1200 LT and K1200 GT respectively..Brother traded the Harley in while dad hung onto his for another year before selling it too…..
I know Fat Boys aren’t made for longer trips, but Daytona isn’t that far from west Broward and we rode the backroads to avoid high speed rides.
Things have changed over the years specially with their new dual sport bike and I hope they continue to improve things in the future.

It was a good video. I must admit that I have been thinking about a Low Rider S as a complement to my R1250GS. Something to cruise around in, but it would be the GS for anything longer.

WHAT.............Harley enthusiasts are conservative? :confused:

I am sure if one made a Venn diagram of different beliefs(not talking strictly religion, cultural/political too), there would be some overlap of several where HD ownership exists.

Back