• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Grizzly bear pulls California woman out of tent in Montana, kills her

Yeah, I was trying to figure out what I learned in scouts to deal with a hungry bear other than slather your buddy’s sleeping bag with bacon grease....🤔

Under these conditions, I like the small air horn in one hand and the open knife in the other.
Bears hate a sudden sharp deafening blast of noise; and a serious knife has a "chance" of wound damage that may cause retreat.
Neither are easy to sleep with, considering anything literally must be on your fingertips to be effective.

Well thank you John for a very vivid description of how one's life ends as a nighttime snack for a bear. :lol

I also sleep with a sharp blade and air horn. Figure they would only really work if I was awake, preferably in daylight. I sleep through all noises at night so I know asleep, I'd be easy pickings for a bear. 😰

Yeah, I was trying to figure out what I learned in scouts to deal with a hungry bear other than slather your buddy’s sleeping bag with bacon grease....🤔
:rofl:rofl:rofl Note to self... if Gary invites you on a camping trip, politely decline. :evil

Do you remember the Boy Scout Motto?

In scouting I learned all those ways to tie a knot too, but I still couldn't tie up a bear. :)

I do, so I was, I am and I will be especially around 4 legged and 2 legged creatures.

California State Parks typically have bear lockers for your food in bear country. They’re big enough to hold a couple coolers in some parks and are made out of steel.

Toothpaste and toiletries go in there, so does the tank bag that got trail mix spilled in it. :D

Back