• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

gs911 wifi

Has anyone used a gs911 wifi with an iPad. I was using it with a laptop but it died. My new computer is a Chromebook and will not work with the gs911.

Yes, I have- but there are caveats. There was a bug where a GS-911 talking to an iPad could not see or read certain engine controllers, mostly the versions used in the early 2000s. Hex code was working on a fix but I haven’t pulled down the latest update and tried it with the iPad, and I need to do that.

Best,
DeVern

Will MotoScan run on a Chromebook? If so, that plus a Bluetooth OBD adapter would have the OP in business on the Chromebook. Pretty much the same capability as the GS-91a but a fracti9n of the cost.

Best,
DeVern

Thanks for your replies. The GS911 was bought new in 2014. Since I already have it and an iPad I will try to go that route this weekend.

Will MotoScan run on a Chromebook? If so, that plus a Bluetooth OBD adapter would have the OP in business on the Chromebook. Pretty much the same capability as the GS-91a but a fracti9n of the cost.

Best,
DeVern

Android App

Android App

Yes, and as such it should run on most Chromebooks vintage 2017 or newer. I should have asked if it will run on the OP’s CBook… some flavors of CBook still don’t support the Play Store, and CBook support is at the whim of each app’s developer. Foe someone already owning a newer CBook, MotoScan makes sense. But if one has to acquire the CBook along with the app and dongle, it’s getting into GS-911 price points.

The GS-911 WiFi app on my iPad is V1.08 dated January of 2020, which is the same version currently in the App Store and is the version having issues talking to the Motronic MA2.4.

Best,
DeVern

Back