• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Jedz - 1996 R1100R Build / Modification Documentation!

Your temp gauge will give you an idea of how hot your valve cover is. And your seat, well, I can't unsee that. But heck, its your bike and you seem to be enjoying yourself so have at it. :thumb

Seat Part DEUX

So I took the bench off and I'm going to send it in for a custom vinyl job I think. It's comfy but it really is not fitting the bike as well as I hoped.

So after about 3 hours or 150 mile of riding I can say I really enjoy this RT seat I fabbed to give me some extra height. Snagged it off Fleabay and no it was not a direct fitment, but with some cutting, reshaping and custom mounts I got the seat to fit in a position that offers good comfort and yet retains more stock appearance. The seat pan is definitely more comfortable and I do like how it looks on the bike. Sure you can see my Motobatt battery but it fits the bike well.

Bike is running great, Coming up to 68K miles which means I've put nearly 3K miles on it. It's a fair weather riding roadster only. Fun bike to ride for sure.

20210809_130850_2.jpg
20210809_130911.jpg

Keep you posted.

Nice work! I love the spoke wheels...wish I had those on my R850 ( I would convert it into an 850 GS ) If I was going to replace the 2 oil coolers with one, I would use a new oil cooler. Used ones can be hard to flush clean. I would love to loose some weight on mine ( I can stand to loose 20 plus Covid pounds) My concern with changing the exhaust is leaning out the already lean engine. Might not be a big issue but still a concern. Not a fan of the one piece seat but to each his own.

Back