• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Bad Year To Buy A New RT ?

Ridefar

Looking to purchase a new bike at some point and thinking towards the RT.

Like everything else in the motorsports world, pickings are slim.

Should I plan towards 2022 and proceed as such ?

I have found that the older I get, the less that I am willing to wait for such things.

Some may call that the fatalistic approach to purchase justification, works for me.

Thanks !

It's a bit late for 2021 models. Too late to order from factory, so see what 2021 models the dealer has or can find. 2022 production will probably start early August and begin reaching the dealers by late September. 2022 models will probably be the same as the 2021, with some color changes.

2022 bmw r1200 rt

I found a website online which lists the equipment for the 2022 RT. Here's a PNG:

Screen Shot 2021-07-02 at 6.58.25 PM.png

Missing from this PNG after "Headlight Pro" are "Aux Lights" and "TPM"

2023 will be the 100 anniversary of Motorrad… your close, it may be worth waiting for the anniversary editions.

I couldn't possibly wait - life is short. Do a dealer search for bikes in stock and work a good deal since it's late in the year.

The RT is an awesome bike (I had a 2017), as long as you don't live in a really hot climate. That fairing blocks all airflow.

There's a new white one sitting on the showroom of Moto Union in Milwaukee WI. Just saw it today. It appeared to be available.

There's a new white one sitting on the showroom of Moto Union in Milwaukee WI. Just saw it today. It appeared to be available.

?????? WHEN did this happen? Never knew that there was a new BMW dealer in Wisconsin!! Thank you Thank you Thank you

I kinda miss my 2018 "carbon black" RT that really looked blue in the sun. I've got a 19' 1250rt and I love the motor but not in love with the color. REALLY wished I'd waited and got the new TFT but thought I was doing a good thing for my dealer early in the pandemic buying a bike. Turns out they sold more bikes last year then ever before. DOH!

Anyone going for the traditional tube handlebar option on the new RT vs the cast version that has been standard for many years?

cosySec.jpeg

Anyone going for the traditional tube handlebar option on the new RT vs the cast version that has been standard for many years?
I haven't seen any in the US. I'd like to have this option when I get mine. I talked with my dealer he said I'd have to order them, waiting for the radio's to be available.

Looks like the tubular bars are an option in the European model. Cost of about $250 or 210 Euros.

Screen Shot 2021-07-17 at 1.48.26 PM.png

The European aftermarket already has higher versions for moving the tubular bars up:

Screen Shot 2021-07-17 at 1.53.12 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-17 at 1.53.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-17 at 1.53.12 PM.png
    970.6 KB · Views: 228
Looks like the tubular bars are an option in the European model. Cost of about $250 or 210 Euros.

[

It's also a option when ordering a US RT. $225 if you select that option. I'm sure it would cost more later.

"Tubular Handle Bar
$ 225.00
The tubular handlebar replaces the standard handlebar, and simplifies the attachment of accessories while maintaining the same rider ergonomics."

It is a bad time to buy anything with a motor. If you do get a bike, make sure it has Brembro brakes. And if you ask if they can come down on the price, don't think it odd that they openly laugh at you. I would wait until the anniversary year models.

E.

Looking to purchase a new bike at some point and thinking towards the RT.

Like everything else in the motorsports world, pickings are slim.

Should I plan towards 2022 and proceed as such ?

I have found that the older I get, the less that I am willing to wait for such things.

Some may call that the fatalistic approach to purchase justification, works for me.

Thanks !

It's a real bad year to buy a new RT. And it's not just the short supply. In my humble opinion, which is based on what I've read and heard, the new infotainment system on the 2021 RT is a disaster. The 2019 and 2020 RT infotainment is ancient and sucky (so bad I do not use it), but at least they have easy to read analog gauges and getting to stuff in the menus is less ponderous than the new one. The new LED lighting is a huge improvement, but the new infotainment system would drive me nuts and knowing BMW is not likely to back port fixes and improvements to the 2021s would just make me mad. I saw one post today on another forum where a 2021 owner has mounted a NAV VI on top of the new TFT :eek

I almost forgot, the 2021 comes free of charge, with a whistling windshield which is annoying a number of 2021 owners. I'd wait for the 2023 R1300RT or go for a 2019 or 2020 RT.

It's a real bad year to buy a new RT. And it's not just the short supply. In my humble opinion, which is based on what I've read and heard, the new infotainment system on the 2021 RT is a disaster. The 2019 and 2020 RT infotainment is ancient and sucky (so bad I do not use it), but at least they have easy to read analog gauges and getting to stuff in the menus is less ponderous than the new one. The new LED lighting is a huge improvement, but the new infotainment system would drive me nuts and knowing BMW is not likely to back port fixes and improvements to the 2021s would just make me mad. I saw one post today on another forum where a 2021 owner has mounted a NAV VI on top of the new TFT :eek

I almost forgot, the 2021 comes free of charge, with a whistling windshield which is annoying a number of 2021 owners. I'd wait for the 2023 R1300RT or go for a 2019 or 2020 RT.

That was me that mounted the Nav VI above the TFT. I love the TFT display and the infotainment issues will ultimately be fixed. Just don't like the integrated Nav system. I already owned the Nav VI and it fulfills my needs. The only thing BMW could do to make it better is go with Apple Carplay and let me use Waze. I can still do it, just have to listen to the directions instead of looking at a map. it works too.

I had heard about the tubular handlebars.And now I've seen the picture of the . But can someone tell me ? Are they higher than the cast ones or the same height? I'm guessing higher but how high? Anybody know?

I had heard about the tubular handlebars.And now I've seen the picture of the . But can someone tell me ? Are they higher than the cast ones or the same height? I'm guessing higher but how high? Anybody know?

Sounds like they are the same height and width.

This is from the BMW site.

"Tubular Handle Bar
$ 225.00
The tubular handlebar replaces the standard handlebar, and simplifies the attachment of accessories while maintaining the same rider ergonomics."

That was me that mounted the Nav VI above the TFT. I love the TFT display and the infotainment issues will ultimately be fixed. Just don't like the integrated Nav system. I already owned the Nav VI and it fulfills my needs. The only thing BMW could do to make it better is go with Apple Carplay and let me use Waze. I can still do it, just have to listen to the directions instead of looking at a map. it works too.

I'm with you on Apple CarPlay & Waze usage.
I figure if I'm dissatisfied with my current BMW NAV... I sure wouldn't want it "integrated" onto a TFT!

Really hope this gets sorted out before an expected 100th Anniversary editions of the RT.

Back