• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Touratech Compañero Rambler Jacket/Pants

tpauley

Has anyone seen the new Touratech Compañero Rambler jacket/pants? There's a great video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vawBk6PsFtA.

Touratech and Rev'it have teamed-up to produce this suit. Looks similar to the Rev'it Dominator GTX, but with a couple additional features (e.g., removable neck storm cuff, removable destination liner, etc.) that make it a more attractive option, in my opinion.

Anyway, if anyone has seen this suit first-hand, I'd like to know your thought/opinions. Thanks!

Tim

Sadly TT decided not to show up at the Rally and missed out on showing off these new suits and other things.. Their loss really :deal

Sadly TT decided not to show up at the Rally and missed out on showing off these new suits and other things.. Their loss really :deal

I agree since I often have to have mix sizes for jacket vs pants and must try the options on to be able to buy. My current (and showing it's age) suit was purchased at a BMW Rally so will be looking for this kind of option when I attend Springfield MO next year.

Was quite surprised by that, too, given the proximity of the rally to their US HQ. They were probably out of inventory…. :dunno

Where was Klim

Was quite surprised by that, too, given the proximity of the rally to their US HQ. They were probably out of inventory…. :dunno
Klim Headquarters USA is just over a couple of hills to the West in Idaho and they were not at the rally.

Klim Headquarters USA is just over a couple of hills to the West in Idaho and they were not at the rally.

That was another company that missed out IMHO. Mosko Moto was there at least, even though they have no inventory left. This sudden increase in outdoor equipment sales caught many off guard.

Yes, I should have mentioned them, too. My wife is very difficult to fit in gear (her XS Darien is like a tent on her) and we were hoping that she could try some things on at the rally. No joy.

We’re still out west and will be spending some time near Klim HQ as we head back east, hopefully their retail store there has some goodies.

Thanks, All, for your input. After all my research (and nearly commiting to the Rev'It Dominator), I really wanted to love the Rambler. Unfortunately, unlike the Dominator pants, the Rambler pants are not available in Long sizes (I confirmed via email w/Touratech). Too bad for Touratech (which is a company I have purchased many products from...happily!) they could have done very, very well with this suit.
Please, please, Touratech hear my plea on behalf of all us 6' plus riders.

Back