• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2007 K12GT Woes

brianhinton

2018 Rally Chair
I have been plagued for years with the intermittent stalling issue. I have just learned to live with it. it always starts right back up and then doesn't return for some time...well, now is the time. Has anyone here have any ideas on things to check?

Symptoms: runs nice and smooth for about 10 -15 miles, then will stall out, it doesn't start back up like it did before....it takes a lot more finagling to get it running. When it does start back, it runs very rough almost like its missing....

My findings: Only code via GS911 is tank vent valve??? but it wasn't present this last time. I don't think ignition coils show up via diagnostics.

just wondering if anyone here has had similar issues...and before you ask, all recalls and updates have been done. I was thinking about ordering a Booster Plug to see if that would help at all.

Thanks all!

I cannot be sure I understand exactly what is happening, but if the engine is cutting off when the bike comes to an idle, then checking the idle control valve and cleaning it is worth a try. The idle control system also includes some hoses that should be checked.

I knew a girl with a 2011 K1300S and her bike had the same problem.
The shop was not able to fix the problem and she had to get rid of the bike.

So far I'm batting zero on helpful replies :)

Installing the AF-XIED on my 09 K13GT didn’t do anything to take care of the engine stalling
It did help with a mid range flat spot

Did you check/clean/replace your tank vent valve? Is your fuel cap venting properly? Sounds like you're starving for fuel.

My 2 cents.

A buddy's K1300GT had a similar problem that was ultimately solved when his mechanic reset the adaptations. You can do this with a GS-911 and probably the Motoscan app as well. Can't hurt and cheap to try if you have one or know someone who does.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Thank you BC100S and RadioFlyer. I’m planning on checking the vent valve and tank line. I will also reset the adaptations with GS911. Hopefully some time tomorrow to do all those things!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Back