• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Sierra BMW

bogdan

I complain as much as the next guy. Hey….Socrates , Buddha and Jesus voiced many implicit and explicit complaints. Sometimes,however, some people are deserving of praise.

SHOEI VTX-EVO helmets were back ordered everywhere. Trying to find one, I came across Sierra BMW in Nevada; they do a large mail order business. I talked to a real parts guy. He offered to call SHOEI and learn when they would be available; he called me back later that day and gave me the date. I ordered the helmet. The price was the same as the big warehouses; shipping was not extra. It arrived in Chicago on time.

In the past I ordered from Cycle Gear and had no issues. From now on, I’m going to Sierra BMW first. I prefer to support a dealership and appreciate personal service.

Bogdan Swider
http://bogdanswider.blogspot.com

Let us not look ba ck in anger, not forward in fear, but around in awareness.
James Thurber

Yes,wiseguys. Sierra did what they were told. I’m now based near the Arches. Being a rootless cosmopolitan, I spend a good deal of time in the old home town-especially if I need my brother’s extra hands with moto-maintenance. His help made the goofy oil head brake flush almost bearable.

After starting a thread regarding a BMW dealership issue in my local area, a MOD contacted me and indicated in no uncertain terms that any forum discussions regarding BMW dealerships were...discouraged. YMMV.

Last edited:
After starting a thread regarding a BMW dealership issue in my local area, a MOD contacted me and indicated in no uncertain terms that any forum discussions regarding BMW dealerships were...discouraged. YMMV.

Only the ones that start as a trolling slam-fest.
OM

Having just moved into the area in question, and thus being new, an inquiry to fellow dues-paying members of the BMW MOA community as to whether they'd also had any issues with a particular dealership is a rather benign and innocuous affair...in my humble opinion.

Not a trolling slam-fest.

If only positive threads (towards dealerships) are permitted, then that is an entirely different animal, and I'm sure we as MOA members need to recognize and be aware of this restriction.

Respectfully,
--Slipstream

And what "area in question" might this be? Your profile is pretty much blank.

Given the interaction with the MOD, Paul, I'd rather not "poke that Cheetah" anymore.

Suffice to say, as an adult, I was accused of "trolling". I did not appreciate that.

Let us agree as mature individuals that a free forum of like-minded, dues-paying members should be able to work together, and share information regards to our relatively expensive passion/hobby to better our collective experiences as BMW motorcycle owners.

EDIT: This is how we collectively force BMW to do recalls when needed, and provide pressure on bad dealerships that take advantage of our BMW MOA Members.

These discussions should never be truncated/censored/stifled by BMW MOA MODS' subjective and biased views.

Best to you and Voni,
--Slipstream

Last edited:
So...getting back to Sierra BMW and how great they are:

I bought a lot of stuff from them when I got my first Beemer in '08. I'm still on their mailing list and every once in awhile they have a sale of which they advise me. Nice to feel the love. :blush

I’m in SoCal so I get to ride the Sierras!
Sierra BMW gets high praise from fellow riders in the Nevada/NoCal region.
It seems to me that Sierra BMW is the type of dealer that is based in service.

My local tire shop totally screwed up when they refused to replace a defective new tire that they had mounted to my R100GSPD.

The first set of tires I purchased from the shop was for a ‘77 Bonneville in 1979, the last set that included the defective tire on the GSPD, was in 2009. (Ownership had changed)

The shop is still in business.

I will not recommend that tire shop to anyone who asks!

Bill

A photo taken at my favorite BMW Motorcycle Dealer, Irv Seaver in Orange Ca.
DBAEEFAA-FDD5-4C77-8CDB-C49168C1F2D0.jpg

Last edited:
Back