• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Motorcycle Jeans

RPGR90s

So I ordered a pair of BMW's Five Pocket Jeans in a size bigger than I normally wear in jeans and they're way too tight in the legs. Must be a European look thing, which at my age, is many years ago.

Can someone recommend a set that would fit more like "regular fit" Levi's?

thanks,

RPGR90s

So I ordered a pair of BMW's Five Pocket Jeans in a size bigger than I normally wear in jeans and they're way too tight in the legs. Must be a European look thing, which at my age, is many years ago.

Can someone recommend a set that would fit more like "regular fit" Levi's?

thanks,

RPGR90s

I've found that I can trust the sizing of Hood jeans. Sounds like their Easy-Fit styles would be good choice.

I don't know what regular fit Levi's are but I like these Klim jeans. Especially, with their 30% military discount with free shipping and no tax! They are not tight and not baggy.

https://www.klim.com/K-Fifty-2-Straight-Riding-Pant-3986-000?quantity=1&color=123

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk[/

Yup- good jeans, good padding too...unfortunately, my pair was made in China- so the search continues...looking into Mosko Moto
Years ago I had draggin jeans that were (and made in) in Hickory, NC. They have since moved to MN.

https://www.dragginjeans.com/

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Rev’it Philly 2 worked for me

Came across the US last week in a pair of Rev’it Philly 2 jeans, averaging 600 miles a day in everything from Nevada desert heat to some chilly, wet weather in the Colorado mountains. Ordered exactly the same size I wear in 501’s and they fit great, if a bit on the baggy side for walking around.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/revit-philly-2-jeans

Klim K Fifty Jeans

+1 on the Klim jeans. They are very well made, made here in USA, and actually fit Americans.

+1 on the Klim jeans. They are very well made, made here in USA, and actually fit Americans.

Perhaps YOUR pair are made in USA- mine, about 2 years old(?) are clearly "MADE IN CHINA". if the pair you are referring to say made in usa on the label that would be a fantastic leap foreword for Klim. SOME of their gear is not China made- worth a call before purchase.

I agree 100% with the rest of your post- well made, good fit. Had I known they were China made I'd have opted for other equally well made non-China products.

Cortech

I've been wearing these for the last few months:

https://www.motorcyclegear.com/street/pants/reinforced_jeans_and_cargos/cortech/the_primary_riding_jeans.html

No affiliation, I only purchased them there.

I added the hip and knee armor, and the fit is not bad. I'd like them better if they had a gusset in the crotch (ahem), but they're good commuting and day-trip pants. The fact that the Kevlar is woven into the fabric of the jeans and not added on as a liner is a big plus for comfort.

For the money (on closeout), they're decent. If I had to pay full price, then I might explore other options.

Perhaps YOUR pair are made in USA- mine, about 2 years old(?) are clearly "MADE IN CHINA". if the pair you are referring to say made in usa on the label that would be a fantastic leap foreword for Klim. SOME of their gear is not China made- worth a call before purchase.

I agree 100% with the rest of your post- well made, good fit. Had I known they were China made I'd have opted for other equally well made non-China products.

My Klim gear shows designed in USA and made in VietNam.

This info is from the Klim site
Do you manufacture your products in the U.S.?

The shortest answer is no. KLIM does not manufacture final products in the U.S. However, the manufacturing story deserves more than a short answer. Truly understanding the scale of the topic is important.

KLIM manufactures parts of and whole products all over the world. As a technical apparel company with an intense appetite for the absolute best, KLIM sources raw materials and other ingredients from multiple countries (including here in the U.S.). Many of our materials require highly specialized manufacturing that is only done in a few places in the world. For instance, some of our GORE-TEX® laminates originate in different parts of Europe before being shipped to Asia for final finishing. Also, the thread that holds much of our gear together is sourced out of Texas.

In the pursuit of the absolute highest quality in our gear, KLIM products are only made in the best factories in the world. That is the single most important takeaway in any manufacturing discussion.

It’s important to note that just because a product is produced in China, Korea, Vietnam, Sweden, or anywhere else KLIM products are made, doesn’t mean it is cheaper in cost or lower in quality. While brands can and do travel to Asia to find factories that will build for the lowest cost possible, the gains in margins aren’t generally worth the reduction in quality. There is still a lot of truth in, “You get what you pay for.”

There is no easy way to show our customers the effort we take into selecting a factory. But we are very confident our products are produced in the highest quality factories in the world. KLIM’s decision to rely on overseas manufacturing is not based on pricing. It is based on quality first and sustainability thereafter. With all that said KLIM truly wishes we could produce our products here in the United States; however, in the short term, that’s simply not possible.

My Klim gear shows designed in USA and made in VietNam.

This info is from the Klim site
Do you manufacture your products in the U.S.?

The shortest answer is no. KLIM does not manufacture final products in the U.S. However, the manufacturing story deserves more than a short answer. Truly understanding the scale of the topic is important.

KLIM manufactures parts of and whole products all over the world. As a technical apparel company with an intense appetite for the absolute best, KLIM sources raw materials and other ingredients from multiple countries (including here in the U.S.). Many of our materials require highly specialized manufacturing that is only done in a few places in the world. For instance, some of our GORE-TEX® laminates originate in different parts of Europe before being shipped to Asia for final finishing. Also, the thread that holds much of our gear together is sourced out of Texas.

In the pursuit of the absolute highest quality in our gear, KLIM products are only made in the best factories in the world. That is the single most important takeaway in any manufacturing discussion.

It’s important to note that just because a product is produced in China, Korea, Vietnam, Sweden, or anywhere else KLIM products are made, doesn’t mean it is cheaper in cost or lower in quality. While brands can and do travel to Asia to find factories that will build for the lowest cost possible, the gains in margins aren’t generally worth the reduction in quality. There is still a lot of truth in, “You get what you pay for.”

There is no easy way to show our customers the effort we take into selecting a factory. But we are very confident our products are produced in the highest quality factories in the world. KLIM’s decision to rely on overseas manufacturing is not based on pricing. It is based on quality first and sustainability thereafter. With all that said KLIM truly wishes we could produce our products here in the United States; however, in the short term, that’s simply not possible.
Interesting. My K50/2's are labeled "made in China" My Klim latitude (? the Mesh jacket) is "Made in Viet Nam. I'm well aware of the effect globalization and sourcing has on the "made in" statement. Generally I follow the quality- judging by the quality of assembly of my Aerostich, Sullivan, helmet from Japan, German Daytona Boots, etc I'm gonna say the "Made in China" decision for assembly is an economic one. And I'll freely admit- but not elaborate here, that my no China policy is a political one. Were there no alternatives (such as with my IMac and some other stuff) I don't honestly know what I'd do- fortunately there is no shortage of well made gear that, wherever the parts come from, is not assembled under the auspices of the CCP. As a political topic- this may be pushing the limit- but think of it as a plea for support of smaller, maybe more expensive, well made goods coming from companies trying to survive possibly unfair competition.

I'm amazed at the concept of "motorcycle jeans." What does one expect?

The reason racers wear one-piece suits and the reason there are two piece suits with zippers to attach jacket to pants is that unattached pants can come down when sliding after falling off.

To call anything else motorcycle clothing seems disingenuous at best. When is second best good enough? When is something that may not protect you good enough?

I'm amazed at the concept of "motorcycle jeans." What does one expect?

The reason racers wear one-piece suits and the reason there are two piece suits with zippers to attach jacket to pants is that unattached pants can come down when sliding after falling off.

To call anything else motorcycle clothing seems disingenuous at best. When is second best good enough? When is something that may not protect you good enough?

When? Well, mostly when the risk levels are reduced from Isle-of-Man levels to I'm-riding-the-bike-to-the-mail-kiosk-of-my-gated-community levels.

The possibility of death or irreversible injury exists in both scenarios.

The likelihood that Dynatec or Kevlar jeans will be of any material aid in a MotoGP getoff—at, say, the first corner of the first flying lap at the Austrian GP—is lower than in a gravel-begotten getoff at 12MPH in a location where traffic is virtually non-existent, visibility high, and velocity very limited.

I have a custom-made Dainese two-piece suit, an Aerostich Transit 3, and some Dynatec infused jeans (and Bohn under armor). Each has an application. None has a guarantee.

ATGATT, like other religions, has a one-size-fits-all orthodoxy that does not comport with reality, for my part. There is such a thing as "safer." Safety isn't a binary. In fact, it's never a given; it's always a spectrum variable.

Back