• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Three day rally?

As stated in the other thread, Sunday is usually a pack up and go day for both attendees and vendors.

Maybe it's been stated in the past that the really goes through Sunday, but there's not much left going on.

I'm not a rally rat of any kind, but for all the rallies that I have been to, even those that stated that Sunday was on the schedule, everybody was leaving relatively early on Sunday morning.

I thought it has always been three days.
Thursday, Friday, Saturday.

Yup. If anyone wants to make the rally longer, then volunteer and come on Wednesday and volunteer for clean-up on Sunday. You meet some great people when you volunteer.

I thought it has always been three days.
Thursday, Friday, Saturday.

Sunday morning coffee, pack up, shipping stuff & volunteer cleanup and various other tasks.
Some locations you can stay on Sunday night IF YOU work.

Sunday morning coffee, pack up, shipping stuff & volunteer cleanup and various other tasks.
Some locations you can stay on Sunday night IF YOU work.

Three stayed over on the Sunday night at the 2006 Vermont Rally. In my case, everything I had was soaked from the previous night's rain. Took awhile to dry it out. :D.

Plus, everything has to be loaded back up on the rally truck so it can head home. Vendors tear down their booths Saturday evening and have everything ready to be picked up Sunday, or monday morning, depending on their shipper.

What is up with only three days of rally next year?:confused:

The topic of whether to advertise the rally dates to include Sunday has been discussed by the Board many times over the years and has gone back and fourth. In fact, it is and always has been Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Sunday is get-away and clean up. When it's been advertised to include Sunday we've had a few people over the years show up on Sunday, and they weren't very happy. One of our local vendors in Great Falls was intending to bring his boys on Sunday because of the advertised dates included the 27th. Personally, I have always believed that Sunday should not be included in the event dates.

Back