• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

MOA rally

Looks like a good ride to the rally to me. Good pics, excellent. Keep us posted with pics from the rally. :thumb

Thanks for the pictures you've been posting.
I noticed your bike is usually clean.
How do you clean the soft luggage? I would think the gravel dust would really show on the black fabric.

Thanks for the pictures you've been posting.
I noticed your bike is usually clean.
How do you clean the soft luggage? I would think the gravel dust would really show on the black fabric.
Maybe the first big trip with the new bike. This is the first time I have ever had soft luggage. I did find out that they cleaned up well in a 100 miles of hard rain. Here is a picture of my bike after I got to the rally. This was as dirty as it got. Funny at the rally people commented on how dirty are two bike were. Yep, you are correct dirt roads do get dusty. Lol , I was able to get in two dirt roads with 60 miles of the gravel. One is Joe’s River road with the last 20 miles back into Montana from Idaho is dirt and then Jacob Canyon road in Montana that was 40 miles of dirt. I suggest you try both! No traffic on them and a very nice ride. This rally was one of the best IMO, too bad some missed it.. Got home with just over 3,000 miles on the bike now and A very good fit for me after the 1200GS. :)270594F6-7F3F-4645-8549-601B441BE496.jpg

Rharrod said:
Got home with just over 3,000 miles on the bike now and a very good fit for me after the 1200GS. :)
Glad you're enjoying your newest GS, RH! We all have to keep trying new Bikes & Farkles until we find what suits us best... :dunno

We're still on the road from the MOA Rally, having now finished two legs ['AL-MT-WA;' '2-week circle round all of AK;' 'WA-CA-CO-AL to commence momentarily']! Everyone enjoy whatever Beemer's handy to the Best of your Abilities! :usa

Tally Ho -- Ciao!
HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen

'14 K-GT -- '09 650GS-twin
'75 R90S -- '82 R100CS
- - - - - - - -'16 R1200RS

Back