• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Great riding in New Mexico

jefmodee

Hello everyone
I’m new to BMW MOA. I just bought a new 40th edition 1250 GSA. It’s my fourth BMW over the years, but I’ve had many other brands too.

I’m in Las Cruces New Mexico and would be happy to show people around the area.

I recently started a YouTube page called Hidden Twisties in which I ride, rate and review motorcycle roads. So far, all of my videos are in New Mexico except for a scouting trip to Sedona Arizona. I’ll be heading to Colorado in a couple weeks and plan to film several roads in the Durango and Silverton area.

By the way, the first 10 or so videos were filmed from my Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail. I’ve sold that now and will record from the GSA going forward.

Anyone coming to the region might find the videos useful. There are some excellent roads in the Gila National Forest and the Lincoln National Forest.

Send me a PM of you are interested in visiting these places and would like an informal tour guide.

https://youtube.com/channel/UCw-cksJEmiOgn1w6tUIIigw

Subscribed!

Have you ridden that GSA on the North Star Trail yet?

Ian

I don’t know that one. I’ll look it up.

I’m heading to Colorado on Thursday to film several roads around Durango and Silverton. I may try some passes, but I’m alone and loaded down, so I won’t take too many risks.

Riding and Driving in New Mexico

Beautiful State of mountains, plateaus, mesa’s, deserts. Driven over a lot of it, ridden over a small portion. I got attend the RA National back in August 2002; Red River RA National. The Red River Ski Area. I drove to the rally and vended my specialty, head and cylinder work. I was by myself, vending all day. I carried a KLR 650 and got in a little riding; mainly the the Enchanted Circle.

The circle included Red River, Questa, San Cristobal, Arroyo Honda, Taos, Eagle Nest and back to Red River. In the center of this circle was Wheeler Peak, the highest pt. In N.M.. was a great ride. Rode by myself, but there were plenty of Beemer Riders riding the circle. Great memories. Good enough that I want to go back and ride it again.
DEAC8EA2-9232-4AD2-AA07-54091ECE8DCB.jpeg

RA Red River T-Shirt

86F94BE4-6072-4F91-9B4A-4B563861801E.jpeg
481790B8-35E5-40F4-B3EA-0C09410E846C.jpeg
Found this old T in my closet. Wow, 21 years ago. I’v had the opportunity to drive all over New Mexico, pretty good; but I want to go back and ride it on my motorcycle. New Mexico is; two thumbs up. :thumb:thumb

Cool. That area a on my list.
I just got back from 1600 miles in 4 days. I have six new ride videos to edit plus the two I already had. This YouTube channel is starting to be like work! Of course, I still get to ride these great roads. 02D3D86A-D1BE-46F1-937A-06161CC48DA6.jpg

Back