• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2021 R1250RT - will Galaxy S21+ fit in charger?

eplerd

2021 R1250RT - will US Galaxy S21+ fit in charger?

Looking at a new bike and cell....
I currently have a Galaxy S9+ that's 2 yrs old, about the time I see issues, and still get a decent trade-in (almost what I paid at Costco).
Someone said the pocket max size in owner's manual is:

162 mm x 78 mm x 8.8 mm

and phone sizes are as follows:
161.5 mm x 75.6 mm x 7.8 mm S21+
151.7 mm x 71.2 mm x 7.9 mm S21 (2nd choice)
158.1 mm × 73.8 mm × 8.5 mm S9+ (current phone - test fit already)

Since it looks close (within 0.5mm in longest dimension) I'm concerned that's within mfg tolerances..

So has anyone successfully locked a Galaxy S221+ in the righthand pocket wireless charger?

Thanks in Advance,

Dave

Last edited:
I'm assuming here that the box hasn't changed on the 1250 (I have a 1200). The dimensions of 162 mm x 78 mm x 8.8 mm sound right, but I'm not sure it is perfectly rectangular, so that S21+ may not fit. And you certainly won't be able to charge with it stored in the box.

I'm going through the same thought process now. Currently using a S7 (about 147 mm long) which I can store, plugged in, with a 90 degree cord. But it just fits, with a couple mm to spare. I use the phone to power a Beeline unit, hence my preference to keep it stowed and charging. When I replace the phone, I'm going to need to find a different way to carry it.

I'm assuming here that the box hasn't changed on the 1250 (I have a 1200). The dimensions of 162 mm x 78 mm x 8.8 mm sound right, but I'm not sure it is perfectly rectangular, so that S21+ may not fit. And you certainly won't be able to charge with it stored in the box.

I'm going through the same thought process now. Currently using a S7 (about 147 mm long) which I can store, plugged in, with a 90 degree cord. But it just fits, with a couple mm to spare. I use the phone to power a Beeline unit, hence my preference to keep it stowed and charging. When I replace the phone, I'm going to need to find a different way to carry it.

The 2021 has a Wireless charging pad and a latch to secure the phone on it so it has changed.

Thanks anyway

Dave

S21 std model fits

Just went through this. Choices of android phones small enough AND wireless charging-capable are few. My new S21 std model barely fits and with a basic, slim, only-6ft-drop-survivable case, it has issues. I had to trim my case, orient the side buttons so they cant touch the side of the compartment and it fits BUT the little spring-loaded grabber now never moves away from the highest position because the phone is a press-fit into the compartment. But yours is a s21+ which is bigger. Yours might be a press-fit without a case or not fit at all. Maybe you could ride to a verizon store and try one.

It fits

I guess I should have updated this thread - I went ahead and got the S21 and it fits fine.
Picked up bike End of July and love it....just wish inductive charging didn't overheat the phone.
Instead I got a short USB cable to charge cell in FL in the summer (less heat generated) AND I leave the pocket open for more airflow...

Back