• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Hard to shift after drop.

Scudrunner

I was off-roading with my 2017 F 800 Gs today and dropped it. It bent the shift lever slightly into the case. Didn’t dent of chip the case. But now it’s shifting hard and neutral is hard to find. Any help will be greatly appreciated

I was off-roading with my 2017 F 800 Gs today and dropped it. It bent the shift lever slightly into the case. Didn’t dent of chip the case. But now it’s shifting hard and neutral is hard to find. Any help will be greatly appreciated

Might be good to look at the “exploded” view on the parts breakdown. I did it on a Honda one time and the shifter rod- fork attached, came in from the other side of the bike.
I can, for sure, recommend NOT trying to straightening the lever while attached unless you are very careful.
Let us know how you make out.
Good luck.
OM

We did bend it back but supported the base and shaft as it was just the tie peg portion of it. It’s shifting the same as before we bent it back. Thank you for the reply.

Ended up something very simple. Cable adjustment. The big knurled lock nt had come loose letting the cable get loose adjusted and back in business.

Back