• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

MT-200 road warning for those heading to the rally

coachz

Just a heads up for those heading to the rally, there is a short but nasty section of road construction on Montana route 200 which I took coming from the east. Not sure if it happened there but somewhere on the trip I got a big dent in my front rim.

Ride safe

Just a heads up for those heading to the rally, there is a short but nasty section of road construction on Montana route 200 which I took coming from the east. Not sure if it happened there but somewhere on the trip I got a big dent in my front rim.

Ride safe

Can you say more precisely where this section is?

Can you say more precisely where this section is?

From the DOT site:

"MT-200 - Mile Marker 239.3 to 246.8
1.8 miles West of Junction with MT 24 extending 7.5 miles West.
(Phillips)
EXPECT: Reconstruction activities; Width Restriction of 14 feet; Delays between 10 and 10 minutes; Reduced Speeds of 35 MPH; Pilot Cars; Gravel Surface."

This looks to be west of Brockway and east of Jordon. It shows as near the Dinosaur Historical Monument about 20 miles west of Brockway on Google Maps. That is the junction of MT 24 with MT 200.

If riding on 200 this looks hard to avoid.

I went over it today with the toyhauler RV. The road isn't that bad, I have been through much worse. A short section is behind a pilot car after a short wait and the rest you navigate yourself at 35MPH. I will be returning the same way if that tells you anything. I would do the same riding a bike. I saw nothing that would cause a bent rim. A water truck had just gone through but it wasn't muddy, just enough to keep the dust down.

This was today. I can't and won't promise what tomorrow brings, but I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you find it otherwise don't come looking for me at the rally. :laugh

There is a sign posted advising motorcyclists to consider alternate route. If you have that option you may want to do that. What I think isn't that bad may be plain rotten to the next guy... (I'm covering my @*# here)

Last edited:
Back