• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Paddock spools? 2021 S1000XR

pneumadeux

Hi everyone,

Now that I have my spankin' new 2021 XR in the garage, I'm doing the compulsory accessorizing.

I have a set of Pit Bull stands (front and rear) that have served me well for other bikes, and is wide enough for my XR, but... the swingarm on my XR doesn't seem to sport spool holes.

Am I missing something?

Welcome to the forum.
What about buying a centerstand?
Centerstands are handy when away from home.

Welcome to the forum.
What about buying a centerstand?
Centerstands are handy when away from home.

The bike does have a centerstand...

Honestly, I've never used a centerstand before.

But, when I have to have the front wheel off the ground, won't having a rearstand be more stable?

But, when I have to have the front wheel off the ground, won't having a rearstand be more stable?

I would just use the center stand. If it is nose heavy when the front wheel is off (it probably won't be) I just use a small scissors jack to stabilize the front while on the center stand,

I find using a front stand and centerstand very stable.
With some front wheel stands you need to place a piece of plywood under the centerstand to make sure the rear tire does not touch the ground when lifting the front wheel.
Give it a try. You may need to try different thicknesses of wood under the centerstand.
I also set the suspension to one rider before lifting the front wheel.
When lifting the front, watch the back tire to make sure it does not touch the ground.

3-20-19 (1).jpg

Nov 18 2020 (6).jpg

I find using a front stand and centerstand very stable.
With some front wheel stands you need to place a piece of plywood under the centerstand to make sure the rear tire does not touch the ground when lifting the front wheel.
Give it a try. You may need to try different thicknesses of wood under the centerstand.
I also set the suspension to one rider before lifting the front wheel.
When lifting the front, watch the back tire to make sure it does not touch the ground.

What beautiful bikes... what a beautifully clean garage... :)

Seeing your bikes on the center with the front wheels off certainly inspires confidence.

Since I've never had one before, there's all the questions about safety, how far up the rear will be so I can do chain work or remove the wheel, etc.

One more thing for me to experience as a new owner. :)

Thank you!

Same predicament here… but… I fitted the OE “M” chain adjuster and it has a GP style paddock stand hooks… probably going to retro bobbins instead of the hooks at a later date

Attachments

• 05A2E288-1CE6-4968-83AD-67910C5445E6.jpeg
    05A2E288-1CE6-4968-83AD-67910C5445E6.jpeg
    246.1 KB · Views: 40
Back