• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Great Falls traffic enforcement

I long for the days when reasonable and prudent was the law of the land.

Voni
sMiling

Years ago when it was "reasonable and prudent" I made a trip out there in my 1974 Monte Carlo. The car was just a few years old and in good shape and lets just say we made good time across highway 2. On the way how I was rolling along about 95 MPH, came over a hill and there was three highway patrol sitting there. I figured I was screwed, slowed down a bit, but they never came after me.

Two years ago I was rolling down I90 just over 90 MPH on my RT. My wife asked me how fast we were going and she told me I was going to get a ticket. I told he no I wasn't, and she asked why was I so sure. Well we had just rolled by an HP that was sitting in the median and he didn't pay any attention to me.

Keep in mind even though Montana can be lenient, once you cross the line it can easily become carless driving.

Last edited:
I think I woke them up

On the way to the 84 National Rally in Missoula a friend and I were traveling toward Great Falls and just entering Montana from the Dakotas when we came over a rise in the highway in excess of 80 mph. Just over the rise sat a Montana Highway Patrol. I think we may have awakened him because he looked over at us as we went by. But as others have said, he didn't follow us and we made it to my sister-in-law's place in Great Falls in time for an early dinner.

Back