• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2002RT driveshaft removal

danevans

My final drive just died. I want to remove the driveshaft for inspection/repair. Will I need to remove the swingarm for sure? Where can I send my driveshaft for repair? Thanks much!

I sent my 2005 R1150 drive shaft to MSI back around 2016. They did a fine job. I don't remember the cost but recall it was very reasonable. Replaced the all the bearing, installed grease fittings, painted and balanced. Only flaw was the grease fitting was too tall on the rear universal joint and would not allow it to translate through its full range of motion. I removed the grease fitting and installed a short screw with a low profile head and added a dab of silicon to keep it in place. Front universal did not have the same interference, so I left the grease fitting installed. I have removed once and regreased and everything looked fine.

https://www.machineservice.com/

Thanks,

Back