• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Massachusetts Highway Exit Renumbering

exgman

Just for the information of those who are using or plan to use large, divided highways in Massachusetts, we are in the process of renumbering the exits. Finally catching up with the rest of the USA, we are numbering exits with mile numbers. Each renumbered exit has a small sign saying: "Old Exit XX," with the old number in place of the XX. I made a trip around MA yesterday, using my Garmin V on my RT, and Garmin has not caught up with the new system yet. WAZE and Google Maps have changed over, however.

For anyone interested, Massachusetts has a website explaining the new (to us) system: https://www.newmassexits.com

As an aside to that piece of valuable information, the traffic moves so slow, you should have plenty of time to research a route to where you are trying to get to. :hungover

There is still no warning about people prone to taking the exit from the third lane :eek

Be careful ‘round here.

OM

Last time I was on the New York thruway (I-90 I believe) the exits were sequentially numbered, which was a royal PITA. Maybe they'll change that as well...if not already.

Last time I was on the New York thruway (I-90 I believe) the exits were sequentially numbered, which was a royal PITA. Maybe they'll change that as well...if not already.

I think the change was instigated by some sort of Federal Funding threat.
OM

Back