• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

"Stuff sack" for self-inflating mattress?

W7lej1

Kindly curmudgeon
OK, I'll try this here. Prep'ing for travel to THE Rally in Great Falls, I discovered that my decent self-inflating mattress seems to have strayed in our recent move, so I went and bought a less expensive one (in hopes that my first will later re-appear in a box I haven't yet opened.) New, cheaper model, I just noted didn't come with a stuff sack. So I've been looking online for a standalone sack.

I'm not above wrapping the thing in a plastic trash bag and bungee-ing the whole affair onto the back of my bike - so styling! But before resorting to that I started looking online. I need a bag 28 inches deep and about 6 or 7 inches in diameter. There are about a bazillion stuff bags but I can't find anything with similar dimensions. Anyone out there have something close that you can reference make and model for me? TIA!

Marty

Agreed REI is a good source. Go hunt around in any outdoor store close to you to try to find one that fits.

For something quick, local, and possibly temporary, I'd consider Walmart. With a wastebasket liner if waterproofness is questionable.

I can roll my Thermarest up with my Big Agnes sleeping bag and get them both in the one stuff sack that came with the sleeping bag.

I do the same...I have a waterproof bag that allows me to roll up the Thermarest, then stuff my Big Agnes sleeping bag in the middle.

Thanks, All!

I sort of expected that a shopping trip would be in order, I was just thinking maybe I could save a couple of stops!

I'm an REI member and they are generally my go-to for such items. I've been looking on the website, and didn't see anything with dimensions near what I need. I'll go later today and ask in person.

Walmart is also a good suggestion, thanks!

And there are at least two more stores in the immediate area that I can canvass.

If anyone is coming to Great Falls, safe travels and maybe we will see each other there!

Marty

Check out the bag that comes with an inexpensive camping chair like they sell at Walmart, Dollar General, etc. Then use the bag and leave the chair at home.

The REI site is pretty poor for stuff sacks - in person is definitely the way to go there - but these are also often available at military surplus stores. And they'd probably be cheaper than anything REI has.

Back