• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Airhead Tool Kit

Anyone have an Airhead tool kit to sell? Some low-life boosted mine from my bike, an '88 R100 RS.
Ping me if you have one.
Alternativley, can you tell me what the contents are supposed to be, in addition to 10mm wrench?
I've had mine for >16 years and never had the need to use it but I take comfort in knowing that it was there if need be.

Please conduct any personal business off of the forum. Generally, these type of requests should be directed to the MarketPlace.

As for the contents, Duane Ausherman has a pretty layout of what's in the various took kits:

https://w6rec.com/bmw-motorcycle-tool-kits-and-more/

I use mine all the time...not for heavy maintenance but for the general needs. I'm always rolling out my /7 took kit when working on the other bikes...just easier to get to it.

Please conduct any personal business off of the forum. Generally, these type of requests should be directed to the MarketPlace.

My skid. Never happen again.

I use mine all the time...not for heavy maintenance but for the general needs. I'm always rolling out my /7 took kit when working on the other bikes...just easier to get to it.

In addition to never using my onboard tool kit, I have been carrying a tire plug kit and teeny compressor in my tailpiece and have never used it, either. Of course, this may be the kiss of death, right? Reminds me of the day when I was new to New Mexico and got 7 flats on my bicycle in one day, all from goatheads.

Yup, you're going to be sorry you said that! multiple flats in a day on a moto is a pain in the ass! Ask me how I know...:ha

Back