• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Tire changes at the rally?

I saw that Michelin and Metzeler are included in the vendor list but I saw elsewhere that there will be no tire replacements at the rally. I’m not sure I have another 4K miles in my rear tire

I just received a Ted Moyer email stating that

"Dunlop Tires Will be On-Site for Tire Changes!
News just broke last week that Dunlop is in fact attending the Saddle Up & Ride National Rally. Dunlop will be bringing a full crew and inventory to service BMW MOA members and change tires on-site! Dunlop will be in the outdoor vendor area in front of the Pacific Steel and Recycling Building if you need new rubber for your bike."

Inventory selection

News just broke last week that Dunlop is in fact attending the Saddle Up & Ride National Rally. Dunlop will be bringing a full crew and inventory to service BMW MOA members and change tires on-site! Dunlop will be in the outdoor vendor area in front of the Pacific Steel and Recycling Building if you need new rubber for your bike."

I appreciate that Dunlop will be on sight. I have a 1200gsa and am having a very difficult time finding tires in stock. I like on/off road tires. Front is 120 70 19 and Rear is 170 60 17. Front tires are especially hard to find. Wondering if Dunlop will be limited on selection?

Dunlop has a rebate up to $80 when the tires are purchased from a Pro Dunlop dear.
Don't know if this rebate is good when purchasing from Dunlop.
https://www.dunlopmotorcycletires.com/experience/promotions/

Thumbs up and a Thank You to Dunlop Tires...
I couldn't hardly believe the fantastic Rally prices! The quality of service you provided is unprecedented.

Even on SUNDAY morning your crew were completing scheduled appointments!

Thank You for supporting our attendance in Great Falls.

Dunlop Tire Changing Crew

The tire changing crew at the MOA rally were part of the group that Dunlop uses at track days and races they support. Very efficient, used proper procedures to protect rims and used a torque wrench on every reinstall of a rim and the brake calipers after new rubber was installed.

I started this thread, so will add my 2 cents worth. I made it to the Rally w/o issues (2270 miles +/-). Once there -- on the first official day of the rally, a Dunlop rep (a lady) was wondering through the parking lot, looking at tires. I asked what she was looking for, and she said she was surveying tires installed (and also checking wear, etc). She looked at my tires, and said I was probably "Good to Go" for my return back home to Birmingham, AL. She said that her visual inspection showed plenty of tire left, front and rear, but the front was beginning to cup (duly noted, I might add). She didn't try to sell me a new set of Dunlops, tho' she did say they had plenty of spots available (as of Thursday, at least) and that the price she quoted for a pair of new Dunlops, installed, was certainly tempting. I passed on the offer, and made it back to Birmingham (2285 miles for the return trip) with a bit of tread still showing above the wear bars. I'm glad -- because I had to ride several hundred miles in blinding rain. Michelin Road Pilot 4GT's. Bike is currently @ the local dealership for a new set of Michelin Road 5GT's. Local dealer gave me a good price on a pair. 4GT's have nearly 10K miles on them now. I hope the 5GT's perform as well (or better) for mileage and for performance in the rain.

Thanks, Dunlop, for being at the GF rally, and for being honest in evaluating my tires.

Back