Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fender extender that fit a 2021 RT

Quote Originally Posted by ramble View Post
    I haven't gone the extra step to drill the fender, .....yet.
    Back whenI had about 200,000 miles on Old Smokey, my venerable '86 K75T, I had installed a solo seat and an HD FLH trunk where the passenger part of the seat would have been. I had the fuel tank enlarged to hold 8.5 gallons and had carefully finished it with spray-can truck bed liner. After getting tired of the way I was using a wire lead to connect my heated jacket liner I finally drilled a hole in the side cover behind my left knee and installed a BMW accessory socket. With the mating plug on my jacket liner controller it was an easy plug/unplug. I showed a friend and he said I had ruined my motorcycle by drilling a hole in the side cover.

It did serve me well in several long distance rallies including the '99 and '03 Iron Butt Rallies, even "ruined" as it was.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Probably not many would notice, in my case a tick size screw head that could be mistaken for a chunk of mud.

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    Back whenI had about 200,000 miles on Old Smokey, my venerable '86 K75T, I had installed a solo seat and an HD FLH trunk where the passenger part of the seat would have been. I had the fuel tank enlarged to hold 8.5 gallons and had carefully finished it with spray-can truck bed liner. After getting tired of the way I was using a wire lead to connect my heated jacket liner I finally drilled a hole in the side cover behind my left knee and installed a BMW accessory socket. With the mating plug on my jacket liner controller it was an easy plug/unplug. I showed a friend and he said I had ruined my motorcycle by drilling a hole in the side cover.

It did serve me well in several long distance rallies including the '99 and '03 Iron Butt Rallies, even "ruined" as it was.
    If making the vehicle your own, is Ruining it, I am guilty of ruining many vehicles. Two and four wheel.
    John Simonds
    2017 R 1200 GS Adventure
    1975 Norton Commando 850 Roadster Mk 3
    If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

RK Ryder
    I got lucky with my R1100 's fender extension as I simply replaced it with the rear front fender of a K1200LT. It was longer than the 1100's and required no drilling as the bolt holes were identical in size and placement. Wish the OP had such a simple solution.
    Paul F. Ruffell
    Retired and riding my RTs, the '87 K100 & the '98 R1100 !
    Knights of the Roundel #333