• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Fly-screen for Airhead

mike_77_r100rs

Hi,
Can anyone recommend a good fly-screen to attach to /6 naked airhead. I have an RS and the fairing is long gone which I don't mind too much. For most of my riding I'm happy to not have the bulk. The S fairing would be nice, but mega $$ once you get all the hardware.

I'm looking for something minimalist like this attachment from an old post ...

Screen Shot 2021-06-13 at 8.08.40 AM.png

Hi Mike,
One of the moderators will move this to Airheads later.
Good luck.
OM

Hard to really see what you had in mind...I think you took an avatar and expanded it up. That said, it strikes me as something like the Renn Shield:

http://www.renn-shield.com/Home.html

As the site says it was for /2 and early /5. I don't believe the site is active, but maybe you can check around for this. You might also try using google's site search for this term "site:forums.bmwmoa.org fly screen" to see what others have said on the forum.

Fly-screen for Airhead - Re-Post under Airheads

Hi,
Can anyone recommend a good fly-screen to attach to /6 naked airhead. I have an RS and the fairing is long gone which I don't mind too much. For most of my riding I'm happy to not have the bulk. The S fairing would be nice, but mega $$ once you get all the hardware.

I'm looking for something minimalist like this attachment from an old post ... Sorry for the crappy res'. This is a zoom up of the original.

Screen Shot 2021-06-13 at 8.08.40 AM.png

Puig windscreen

I have a Puig model 0869 on my '68R50US, it's a bit taller than a true flyscreen but well made, effective at highway speeds, and not to obtrusive-see photos.
puig1.jpgpuig2.jpgpuig3.jpg
On the R50 it's in dark smoke, I liked it so much I bought one in light smoke for my Kawasaki W650. About $42 on Amazon(made in Spain, I believe)
Adam

Back