• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Sidestand and Footpeg 1 pc unit

72r60/7

Does anyone know who sells these combo units.
Saw a new one a month or two ago on a /5 frame.
I want one.

Charlie

Side stand and footpeg combo unit

0CB58256-3943-48B9-8639-8C34EED34919.jpeg

Does anyone know who sells these combo units.
Saw a new one a month or two ago on a /5 frame.
I want one.

Charlie

Interesting...still can't think of a combo unit. To get something like that, you would have to send your existing footpeg in for someone to well on a side stand. And how does this new arrangement work with the center stand?

This one wasn’t homemade. The owner could not think of the bike accessory business/site that he acquired
it, though probably outside the US. $125 -$150 ??? Maybe.

Charlie

I found your product...well sort of! Here's an ad from the 1970s. It says you need to send in your footpeg while the bike is "resting" for the winter. I wouldn't go looking for this company!!
SideStandPeg.jpg

Paul -

It's not the same as Charlie was looking for...just an ad from an old magazine years ago. What he wants is not something that comes from BMW...you would clearly have to send your left foot peg in to have the stand added to it.

Paul -

It's not the same as Charlie was looking for...just an ad from an old magazine years ago. What he wants is not something that comes from BMW...you would clearly have to send your left foot peg in to have the stand added to it.

A very interesting idea but probably out shined by the Brown and similar stands due to their simplicity. Send money, get stand, bolt on. The BMW aftermarket way. :)

surefoot side stand

hi i belive the stand your looking for is called the surefoot sold by motobins uk go to there web site for more info i bought one last year for my 1977 r100s/rt and love it best stand i have ever used on any bmw i have ridden hope this asists Jimmy:ca

hi i belive the stand your looking for is called the surefoot sold by motobins uk go to there web site for more info i bought one last year for my 1977 r100s/rt and love it best stand i have ever used on any bmw i have ridden hope this asists Jimmy:ca

Surefoot. That's a lot nicer than any of the names I have called the useless stock sidestand on my R80...

Back