• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New member in Summerville, SC

draechon

Hi all, trying out posting for the first time; I just joined the MOA this morning from Summerville, SC. I currently have a 1977 R100/7 and a 2013 F800GS. Excited to see what this community is all about!

IMG_20200425_141032355_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210529_144931001_HDR.jpg

Hallo Draechon in sunny SC!

Did U get a BMW Special Offer on 2 bikes for the price of one? Maybe you've had an Airhead for awhile now. I got my first BMW in 1975 whilst stationed at Myrtle Beach AFB. That kinda dates me I guess... Additionally, Team-HSV took the 2-day BMW Off-road training in Spartanburg cause we each had GS's back ~9 years ago. It's worth the money & effort if you really intend to do some authentic eXploring... MotoMark1 also offers on & off-road training up in Burlington, NC [just FYI]. Always good to know how your bikes behave in a sudden Emergency Maneuver... :eek

Hope you'll show up at a rally or an MOA Getaway at some point. Happy Travels in the months & years ahead. :thumb

CIAO!
Phil & Karen

'14 K-GT -- '09 650GS-twin
'75 R90S -- '82 R100CS
- - - - - - + '16 R1200RS

Thanks guys!

HSVPhil, I have had the /7 for about 3 years now. Bought off the non-riding brother of the original owner. It had been stored in a shed for about 7 years, and actually started when he hooked it up to a charger and threw in some fresh gas when I went to check it out. It didn't run great, but a carb rebuild, fresh spark plugs and gutting and re-lining the rusty tank got it running great! I ride it pretty regularly after catching up on all of its maintenance, but definitely more of a "rider" than a "show bike" :laugh

Just picked up the GS a few weeks ago, and looking to get it dirty soon! I've had a couple others in its family before, R1100GS, and F650GS single, hoping this will split the middle between the two!

Welcome draechon! Looks like you have gotten the hang of this posting thing...Thanks for posting the pics. Lovely!

Back