Thread: New member in Summerville, SC

New member in Summerville, SC

Hi all, trying out posting for the first time; I just joined the MOA this morning from Summerville, SC. I currently have a 1977 R100/7 and a 2013 F800GS. Excited to see what this community is all about!

IMG_20200425_141032355_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210529_144931001_HDR.jpg

Lots of good folks on here! Welcome from Newfoundland.
    http://beerthief.ca
    ITSteve: ride in peace my friend
    save $5 on a new SmugMug account, use this coupon 7frrnSRiTt9Fk

Hallo Draechon in sunny SC!

Did U get a BMW Special Offer on 2 bikes for the price of one? Maybe you've had an Airhead for awhile now. I got my first BMW in 1975 whilst stationed at Myrtle Beach AFB. That kinda dates me I guess... Additionally, Team-HSV took the 2-day BMW Off-road training in Spartanburg cause we each had GS's back ~9 years ago. It's worth the money & effort if you really intend to do some authentic eXploring... MotoMark1 also offers on & off-road training up in Burlington, NC [just FYI]. Always good to know how your bikes behave in a sudden Emergency Maneuver...

Hope you'll show up at a rally or an MOA Getaway at some point. Happy Travels in the months & years ahead.

CIAO!
    Phil & Karen

'14 K-GT -- '09 650GS-twin
    '75 R90S -- '82 R100CS
    - - - - - - + '16 R1200RS

Thanks guys!

HSVPhil, I have had the /7 for about 3 years now. Bought off the non-riding brother of the original owner. It had been stored in a shed for about 7 years, and actually started when he hooked it up to a charger and threw in some fresh gas when I went to check it out. It didn't run great, but a carb rebuild, fresh spark plugs and gutting and re-lining the rusty tank got it running great! I ride it pretty regularly after catching up on all of its maintenance, but definitely more of a "rider" than a "show bike"

Just picked up the GS a few weeks ago, and looking to get it dirty soon! I've had a couple others in its family before, R1100GS, and F650GS single, hoping this will split the middle between the two!

Welcome draechon! Looks like you have gotten the hang of this posting thing...Thanks for posting the pics. Lovely!
    Mama always told me not to look into the eyes of the sun...but Mama, that's where the fun is!

2009 R1200RT Sand Beige Metallic (aka Champipple), 2007 Honda VFR RWB