Thread: Hall Effects Sensor, Sensor

Hall Effects Sensor, Sensor

Question on the homemade Halls Effect Sensor electricalcircuit testing box. I used the Illinois BMW You Tube directions to source and construct the tester for setting the timing correctly with all the parts listed. My results didn't come out as pretty, as I don't have much experience with soldering small wires, but it appears functional. I hooked it up to my new replacement sense and noticed without it being actually installed, just to check continuity and find at the present, both the TDC and 180 egree diodes light up at the same time. I sustect that has something to do with it not being installed and unrestricted power is flowing through both diodes since they both come off the same power line. At least I know all my joints are active in spite of my shaking hands trying to hold and drip solder at just the right time.😀. Bike has 57000 miles and running strong but plan on being pro active in this type of maintenance. Thanks in advance for any suggestions or direction.

Quote Originally Posted by weschmann View Post
    Question on the homemade Halls Effect Sensor electricalcircuit testing box. I used the Illinois BMW You Tube directions to source and construct the tester for setting the timing correctly with all the parts listed. My results didn't come out as pretty, as I don't have much experience with soldering small wires, but it appears functional. I hooked it up to my new replacement sense and noticed without it being actually installed, just to check continuity and find at the present, both the TDC and 180 egree diodes light up at the same time. I sustect that has something to do with it not being installed and unrestricted power is flowing through both diodes since they both come off the same power line. At least I know all my joints are active in spite of my shaking hands trying to hold and drip solder at just the right time.😀. Bike has 57000 miles and running strong but plan on being pro active in this type of maintenance. Thanks in advance for any suggestions or direction.
    Without metal in the gaps both led's will light.
    You can slip a small metal ruler in each gap to switch the led's on and off.

FYI: The top sensor controls the Spark, the bottom the fuel injection pulse.
    '
    Ufda happens..........

Need your R11xx Hall sensor rewired? PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by GSAddict View Post
    Without metal in the gaps both led's will light.
    You can slip a small metal ruler in each gap to switch the led's on and off.

FYI: The top sensor controls the Spark, the bottom the fuel injection pulse.
    Thanks GS. My confidence is beginning to grow stronger that I'm capable of changing this out. A whole new learning curve challenge for me with this older bike. Just what I needed at 70 years young.