• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Looking for an indepedent shop/tech in the SF North Bay, Marin or Sonoma County, Ca.

jack crowder

Hi, I have a 2001 R1100RT and need to get some services done. The local dealer is not somewhere I want to trust my bike to.

Thanks, jack

I live 400 miles from the nearest dealer. I have no idea what you consider a "local dealer" but will assert that there are a whole bunch of dealers fairly near you. Pick one you like!

Consider Ozzie’s BMW in Chico. They’re my “local” dealer, only 650 miles each way. They work on everything BMW motorcycle from vintage airheads to the newest stuff in the showrooms. They’re the best in my book and they’ve serviced my bikes for more than forty years.

I want to thank you for being a Fire Fighter, we had fires here in 2017, 2018 and 2020.

I'll email them and get an appointment.

Thanks for the tip.

Thank you Jack. Glad you weathered those storms. It was my pleasure to serve wherever, and whenever I was called in the US.

SFBay area service

Thanks for the tip, lots of great reviews. Always looking for a reason to go to the Santa Cruz area.

Jack,

I've not used this independent tech but he's the only one I've come across in the North Bay since Michael closed. If it doesn't pan out i believe the BMW dealer in SF gets good reviews. I'm a new owner and interested to learn how it goes. Good Luck!

https://sonoma-moto.business.site/

Another vote for Ben's in Watsonville

I'm bikeless now, but will put in another vote for Ben's Motorcycle Works in Watsonville, CA. He cared for my Hexhead for years. If I were still riding, he'd still be taking care of it.

Back