• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Broken K75S OEM Corbin Seat Pan Repair

bdogchicago

Need assistance/suggestions for fixing the seat pan of my OEM Corbin seat. Specifically the rear hinge mounting point. The plastic that holds the retaining but cracked and now the seat is not connected at the team most point.

PXL_20210531_004323692.jpg
PXL_20210531_004505663.jpg
PXL_20210531_004438532.jpg

Do you have a stock seat with the metal pan available? Years ago I took a Corbin, drilled out all the rivets and mounted the pad and cover on a standard metal K100/75 seat pan. Still got it.
If you can't do it yourself, an upholstery shop can.

Frank

Do you have a stock seat with the metal pan available? Years ago I took a Corbin, drilled out all the rivets and mounted the pad and cover on a standard metal K100/75 seat pan. Still got it.
If you can't do it yourself, an upholstery shop can.

Frank

Frank,

You might want to go out and check that "stock" seat pan. Stock early Kbike pans were an ABS type of plastic just like the OP's. Some of the early Corbin pans were fiberglass. I have never seen a metal early K pan in the hundreds that I have seen.

Can you post photos?

:dance:dance:dance

You are correct, Lee. Memory failing me as the years pile up. It was/is a plastic seat pan and in my opinion, superior to Corbin's fiberglass pan.

Frank

While Corbin, the seatpan is the OEM plastic version, not the Corbin fiberglass version. Hoping to find a solution that does not require a complete reuphostery at this point. Planning to do so in the future once I've landing on the desired seat upgrades (reshaping, etc.).

You might be able to use a piece of sheet metal to form over the damaged portion and hold it in place with a couple of rivets.

Back