Thread: '95 R1100RS No running lights

'95 R1100RS No running lights

Brake light and turn signals work, but nothing from the running lights. Can't be on the road at night, though I try to avoid that anyway. I'm on the road, so can't check with voltmeter until I return home, but the fuses are all OK. As stated, turn signals (front and rear) work, as does the rear brake light. I'm thinking it can't be the ground either, as the turn signals are working.

Any ideas?

Thx,
    jim
    Piperjim
    '95 R1100RS "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian!" Henry Ford

Is it possible that the bulb is just blown? Also, does the flash-to-pass illuminate the high beam?
    Anton Largiader 72724
    Tech articles - YouTube
    Virginia Motorrad Werkstatt BMW motorcycle service and repair in central Virginia

Anton:

Thanks! Yes, all 4 turn signals work, and the flash-to-pass headlight feature works as well. I'm back home now and will pull the bulbs, just figured that it would be unlikely that all 4 bulbs are bad. I'll pull them in a few days and check.

Thanks again,
    jim
    Piperjim
    '95 R1100RS "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian!" Henry Ford

So by running lights you mean high, low, tail and the marker bulb in the headlight? How about the instrument illumination? Do you have a euro headlight switch on the right side?
    Anton Largiader 72724
    Tech articles - YouTube
    Virginia Motorrad Werkstatt BMW motorcycle service and repair in central Virginia

running lights

do you mean lights in signal housings , don't think light on when running,just signals.there is aftermarket to have running lights.