• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New tires for my K1600 bagger

Igotone2

I have a 2018 K 1600 bagger and it has 38,000 miles on it. I am looking for a new set of tires. I have had the OEM Metzeler Z8 tires, Metzeler Roadtec 01, Dunlop Roadsmart 3 and Michelin Road 4 tires. I liked the Metzeler Roadtec 01 the best and the Michelin the least. The Michelin were almost unusable because the bike felt like it might go into a wobble in the dirty air behind a car or truck until they were a little flat spotted. Highway speed stability is what I’m seeking in a tire. What say you bagger riders? I feel like the K1600GT is almost a completely different bike so good or bad results there don’t really concern me. I am tempted to try Pirelli Angel Gt2. Whaddaya thinks?

I have a 2018 K 1600 bagger and it has 38,000 miles on it. I am looking for a new set of tires. I have had the OEM Metzeler Z8 tires, Metzeler Roadtec 01, Dunlop Roadsmart 3 and Michelin Road 4 tires. I liked the Metzeler Roadtec 01 the best and the Michelin the least. The Michelin were almost unusable because the bike felt like it might go into a wobble in the dirty air behind a car or truck until they were a little flat spotted. Highway speed stability is what I’m seeking in a tire. What say you bagger riders? I feel like the K1600GT is almost a completely different bike so good or bad results there don’t really concern me. I am tempted to try Pirelli Angel Gt2. Whaddaya thinks?

First off I have a GTL so with that caveat, when I put a new set of Michelin PR4's on recently I did notice a little bit of drift, mostly at slower speeds, until the tires wore in a little bit. I have had a pair of Angels on a different bike and really liked them - grippy, stable and predictable - I would have put them on the GTL but I couldn't find them at the time I was passing through where I was going. Since then the PR4's have been fine although the rear has felt a little wishy-washy at times, such as going over cracks in the road, hot tar snakes, etc, but nothing too bad. Having said all this, I just got the GTL and am still getting used to it, so feeling a big bike like this moving around on the road is a little disconcerting!

Back