• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

New tires for my K1600 bagger

Igotone2

I have a 2018 K 1600 bagger and it has 38,000 miles on it. I am looking for a new set of tires. I have had the OEM Metzeler Z8 tires, Metzeler Roadtec 01, Dunlop Roadsmart 3 and Michelin Road 4 tires. I liked the Metzeler Roadtec 01 the best and the Michelin the least. The Michelin were almost unusable because the bike felt like it might go into a wobble in the dirty air behind a car or truck until they were a little flat spotted. Highway speed stability is what I’m seeking in a tire. What say you bagger riders? I feel like the K1600GT is almost a completely different bike so good or bad results there don’t really concern me. I am tempted to try Pirelli Angel Gt2. Whaddaya thinks?

I have a 2018 K 1600 bagger and it has 38,000 miles on it. I am looking for a new set of tires. I have had the OEM Metzeler Z8 tires, Metzeler Roadtec 01, Dunlop Roadsmart 3 and Michelin Road 4 tires. I liked the Metzeler Roadtec 01 the best and the Michelin the least. The Michelin were almost unusable because the bike felt like it might go into a wobble in the dirty air behind a car or truck until they were a little flat spotted. Highway speed stability is what I’m seeking in a tire. What say you bagger riders? I feel like the K1600GT is almost a completely different bike so good or bad results there don’t really concern me. I am tempted to try Pirelli Angel Gt2. Whaddaya thinks?

First off I have a GTL so with that caveat, when I put a new set of Michelin PR4's on recently I did notice a little bit of drift, mostly at slower speeds, until the tires wore in a little bit. I have had a pair of Angels on a different bike and really liked them - grippy, stable and predictable - I would have put them on the GTL but I couldn't find them at the time I was passing through where I was going. Since then the PR4's have been fine although the rear has felt a little wishy-washy at times, such as going over cracks in the road, hot tar snakes, etc, but nothing too bad. Having said all this, I just got the GTL and am still getting used to it, so feeling a big bike like this moving around on the road is a little disconcerting!

Back