Thread: New tires for my K1600 bagger

New tires for my K1600 bagger

I have a 2018 K 1600 bagger and it has 38,000 miles on it. I am looking for a new set of tires. I have had the OEM Metzeler Z8 tires, Metzeler Roadtec 01, Dunlop Roadsmart 3 and Michelin Road 4 tires. I liked the Metzeler Roadtec 01 the best and the Michelin the least. The Michelin were almost unusable because the bike felt like it might go into a wobble in the dirty air behind a car or truck until they were a little flat spotted. Highway speed stability is what Iím seeking in a tire. What say you bagger riders? I feel like the K1600GT is almost a completely different bike so good or bad results there donít really concern me. I am tempted to try Pirelli Angel Gt2. Whaddaya thinks?

Quote Originally Posted by Igotone2 View Post
    I have a 2018 K 1600 bagger and it has 38,000 miles on it. I am looking for a new set of tires. I have had the OEM Metzeler Z8 tires, Metzeler Roadtec 01, Dunlop Roadsmart 3 and Michelin Road 4 tires. I liked the Metzeler Roadtec 01 the best and the Michelin the least. The Michelin were almost unusable because the bike felt like it might go into a wobble in the dirty air behind a car or truck until they were a little flat spotted. Highway speed stability is what Iím seeking in a tire. What say you bagger riders? I feel like the K1600GT is almost a completely different bike so good or bad results there donít really concern me. I am tempted to try Pirelli Angel Gt2. Whaddaya thinks?
    First off I have a GTL so with that caveat, when I put a new set of Michelin PR4's on recently I did notice a little bit of drift, mostly at slower speeds, until the tires wore in a little bit. I have had a pair of Angels on a different bike and really liked them - grippy, stable and predictable - I would have put them on the GTL but I couldn't find them at the time I was passing through where I was going. Since then the PR4's have been fine although the rear has felt a little wishy-washy at times, such as going over cracks in the road, hot tar snakes, etc, but nothing too bad. Having said all this, I just got the GTL and am still getting used to it, so feeling a big bike like this moving around on the road is a little disconcerting!