• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Precurser to lane-splitting in Mass.

Try to remember that this was supposed to be a comical look at what the prediction of the onset of lane-splitting may be. :scratch
OM

Try to remember that this was supposed to be a comical look at what the prediction of the onset of lane-splitting may be. :scratch
OM

Ah yes- so- is lane splitting safe in either direction- with and against traffic? I mean, it’s empty space, what could go wrong?

Ah yes- so- is lane splitting safe in either direction- with and against traffic? I mean, it’s empty space, what could go wrong?

Around here, which was the point, bad survival rate for a motorcycle rider.
OM

OM

I caught the intent of your original post Gary. The funniest thing about the news report was the “stinger” “tonight, we interview the SUV owner whose vehicle was involved in the apprehension of the perpetrator... all I could think was, slow news day in Mass. (but deep down inside I really want to see that interview)

I caught the intent of your original post Gary. The funniest thing about the news report was the “stinger” “tonight, we interview the SUV owner whose vehicle was involved in the apprehension of the perpetrator... all I could think was, slow news day in Mass. (but deep down inside I really want to see that interview)

The scooter fell into the SUV. You didn’t miss much Reece :p “I think that will buff out”. :blush
OM

So running a red light justifies the use of deadly force? You have to be kidding me.

How about speeding? 10 over? 15 over?

Um, you run a red, accidently, or on purpose, or speed 15 MPH over on an empty country road. the cops attempts to pull you over, you stop, no need for extreme force. On the other hand the cop tries to pull you over, you run, then you are fair game.

Just because you violated the law does not give the officer the right to run you off the road, but evade from the officer who tries to stop you for the offence, then all bets are off.

See the difference?

Some states evading is a felony.

Some places, apparently not.

https://www.11alive.com/article/new...hange/85-97338996-814b-4302-8490-6a7ca39d6136

I wonder what an LEO violating a no-chase policy would face. Probably depends on what they are alleged to have caused by violating that law.

https://www.ajc.com/news/breaking-a...ad-of-fatal-crash/FNGPREC2ZNGUHNGWJJE6SKQ3ME/

Stay tuned!

For my part, the symmetrical coordination of the police in the OP video is impressive. I felt safer just watching it.

Of course, I'm old enough to remember last summer...when I presume the size and danger of the undertaking (protecting private property and citizens) was somewhat more pronounced than the game of Two-Hand-Touch Scooter Push and the police didn't seem all that interested in symmetrical coordination (or were told not to be interested).

Also, it's perfectly normal to consent to police commands. It doesn't matter what they say, it's right. And because they're actually very special humans, subject to none of the foibles that the rest of us are, we really should offer our gratitude and compliance to them, no matter the circumstance. The Police Robots are gonna be great!

Meanwhile, on Planet Earth, I prefer the quasi-Sheriff model wherein the LEO has a level of discretion that permits them to make decisions (that's right, be judge) wherein, they may choose to let something pass. In fact, this is the way some LEOs operate; however, my guess is that disciplinary action for not doing things by the books is more automatic than ever before and using judgment instead of checking boxes probably endangers retirement or benefits. In any event, I find the idea of police, as individuals, needing to be bonded to be somewhat compelling.

Oh. And lane-splitting. That should be everywhere allowed.

Back