• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Any suggestions for good riding boots?

discoboy

I have some very old leather motorcycle boots. They have been with me through many bikes, many brands, and many experiences. They have been re-soled many times. But I'm just getting too old to struggle with pulling them on and off. It is time to replace them.

Any suggestions for good riding boots? I'm thinking: protection, water resistant, comfort for long distance, easy on/off (zipper?)

Aerostich Combat lites if you can find them.
Speed laces make for easy on and off.
Bullet proof.

Joe

Alpinestars has a new waterproof, armoured adventure boot that I'm interested in. My old Aerostitch Combat boots aren't going to last forever and they should be more comfortable for touring than full on MX boots. I do wear my Alpinestars Tech 7's if I'm doing any level of dirt.

+1 on Daytona Road Star GTX. Expensive, but extremely well made and have lasted for many years...and still going strong. Waterproof and very comfortable for walking around off the bike.

+1 on Daytona Road Star GTX. Expensive, but extremely well made and have lasted for many years...and still going strong. Waterproof and very comfortable for walking around off the bike.

depending on the pants- I sometimes have to tuck them in the boot- they are great boots. oh- not made in china!

Get something that fit your feet well so you can not only ride in them but also walk around in them.

I've got hard to fit feet, medium width across the foot but with a narrow heel, and I definitely have to try on footwear to find some that are comfortable. Head down to your local dealers and try some on. If you are going to the Great Falls rally, there will be dealers of different brands there. I picked up a pair of Falco ankle high boots at the rally in 2019 when my walking shoes gave out during the rally and my bike was in line for new tires until the next day; being stuck at a national rally for a day without your bike is not all that bad! The dealer let me put them on and walk around for half an hour in the vendor area before deciding to buy them. They fit great, but since I was not familiar with the brand I want to give them a good test and they passed with flying colors. My tall boots are pretty much shot, so I plan on replacing them at Great Falls, probably with another pair of Falco boots which no one stocks around my area.

Good luck with the boot hunt.

I wanted something I could also walk around it

Walmart for around $40 when I bought them. Waterproof leather with laces that I never use but side zippers that make them a snap to get off and on. Reasonably comfortable to walk in and decent protection. You could get the steel toe option if needed too. My previous motorcycle boots were Alpinstars and they were so wide my feet moved a lot inside them, no good for walking. They lived through a crash and about 40 feet of sliding on the pavement and were unscathed. I'm reasonably confident based on that experience that my Walmart boots would provide similar protection. Unless I get run over by an 18 wheeler and dragged for a half mile..
IMG_20210527_132338541.jpg

I added a bit to your title. It will make the topic more visible and easier to search.
Good luck.
OM

Walmart for around $40 when I bought them. Waterproof leather with laces that I never use but side zippers that make them a snap to get off and on. Reasonably comfortable to walk in and decent protection. You could get the steel toe option if needed too. My previous motorcycle boots were Alpinstars and they were so wide my feet moved a lot inside them, no good for walking. They lived through a crash and about 40 feet of sliding on the pavement and were unscathed. I'm reasonably confident based on that experience that my Walmart boots would provide similar protection. Unless I get run over by an 18 wheeler and dragged for a half mile..
View attachment 83768

I have a similar pair from Bates. Tactical law enforcement line.

I've had some TCX boots which I got at Cycle Gear. They seem great while riding and make for comfortable walking too. Nice zipper makes donning them easy. Here's the URL: https://www.cyclegear.com/gear/tcx-x-five4-gore-tex-boots

I second this recommendation. I've had a pair of these for 7 years, they have at least 100,000 miles on them, they still look good and still keep the H2O out.

I bought mine from Alex at BlackhillsMoto.com call him for the best price.

I have a similar pair from Bates. Tactical law enforcement line.

I also have some Bates tactical with Gortex panels, the latest model I have however
does not have the pull tab at rear, pretty important feature in my years of wearing this type of boot

I have several moto boots, but these let you walk/ hike a lot more if that’s a concern, or wear after the ride

The zippers on my Bates finally gave out. Will be trying on a pair of Carolina 8" waterproof logger boots this weekend.

I wear the Alpinestars Web Gor-Tex boots. 100% waterproof & great for summer & winter riding. The soles are curved on the edge & it makes getting your gear on easy. I get about 100,000 riding miles out of each pair before they need new soles. I'm on my third pair since 2008 & haven't used anything else. They are about $300 a pair right now.

+1 for Daytona's. I have Daytona Trans Open GTX boots, and they are significantly more comfortable and better made than the BMW boots they replaced. Selection, sizes, and more importantly pricing is much better if you order them from any of several online European Daytona dealers. I got my boots during a Black Friday sale, though they took a couple months to arrive, the shipped price was about half what Daytona's sell for in the US (assuming you can find the model or size). At that price, they were cheaper than many lesser quality US sold boots.

Alpinstars for 18 years and now used for work boots, the zippers still work. A cobbler once commented on the quality so this year I got another pair.

Back