Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Any suggestions for good riding boots?

I wear the Alpinestars Web Gor-Tex boots. 100% waterproof & great for summer & winter riding. The soles are curved on the edge & it makes getting your gear on easy. I get about 100,000 riding miles out of each pair before they need new soles. I'm on my third pair since 2008 & haven't used anything else. They are about $300 a pair right now.
    Dave Selvig
    2008 Black LT
    2004 Black LT
    2000 Canyon Red LT

Quote Originally Posted by bdfbeemer View Post
    Daytona. I have put on many miles since 2013. Always comfortable and waterproof. Pricey but worth it.
    Pulse one on Daytona. Best boots Iíve ever worn.
    R. Reece Mullins Ebony R1200RT (Gretchen)
    MOA # 143779
    MOA Charter Club #5 #364 #100
    BMW MOA President

Quote Originally Posted by rangerreece View Post
    Another one for Daytonas. I have an old pair of Travel Star gtx. Comfortable from day one.
    Pat

Ride Safe!
    '16 RT

+1 for Daytona's. I have Daytona Trans Open GTX boots, and they are significantly more comfortable and better made than the BMW boots they replaced. Selection, sizes, and more importantly pricing is much better if you order them from any of several online European Daytona dealers. I got my boots during a Black Friday sale, though they took a couple months to arrive, the shipped price was about half what Daytona's sell for in the US (assuming you can find the model or size). At that price, they were cheaper than many lesser quality US sold boots.

Alpinstars for 18 years and now used for work boots, the zippers still work. A cobbler once commented on the quality so this year I got another pair.

I buy what ever popular brand of military style boot is on sale. Wearing a pair of Bates right now, last pair are Danners, down graded to shop boots now. Most any of them have Gore-Tex or some water proof lining available. I have a pair of Merrell hiking boots I like in hot weather. Air flows right through them, definitely not waterproof, but comfortable on hot days.
    From the only real Fargo, ND!

Quote Originally Posted by 61996 View Post
    Aerostich Combat lites if you can find them.
    Speed laces make for easy on and off.
    Bullet proof.

Joe
    I concur. Solid basic leather boots. Have worn mine from temps in 100+ to freezing, kept my feet well protected. Several years old and still in good condition.
    No Matter Where I went, There I was...

Quote Originally Posted by PoorUB View Post
    I buy what ever popular brand of military style boot is on sale. Wearing a pair of Bates right now, last pair are Danners, down graded to shop boots now. Most any of them have Gore-Tex or some water proof lining available. I have a pair of Merrell hiking boots I like in hot weather. Air flows right through them, definitely not waterproof, but comfortable on hot days.
    I've used my old Danner boots for years but after a 7 day trip recently I returned with a hole on one of my toes. I guess all the shifting caused rubbing on my toe. Probably due to Danner's not being motorcycle boots with shifter pads.

Daytona boots without a doubt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bmwk100 View Post
    I've used my old Danner boots for years but after a 7 day trip recently I returned with a hole on one of my toes. I guess all the shifting caused rubbing on my toe. Probably due to Danner's not being motorcycle boots with shifter pads.
    I never get that long of life out of a pair of boots. Maybe three years as riding boots, then 2-3 years as shop boots. I wear out the soles, or the lining first.
    From the only real Fargo, ND!

I have been using SIDI Canyon Gore boots for several years. The have been very comfortable to ride in and to walk around in as well.
    ďFaster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.Ē - Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by rangerreece View Post
    For the geeks among us, +=1 for Daytona

Cap

A-Stars Toucan

Love these. Waterproof, very well armored, two buckle and Velcro moto style closure. Iíve had them for seven years and they just get better every year. They are pricey but worth every penny. Iíve had a few low side get offs that could have resulted in severe lower leg injuries but came away unscathed. They can be resoled as well.

Daytona!
    2021 R1250GS Triple Black
    Previous: 2012 F650GS

Sidi rain boots. Very comfortable for walking around.
    2009 K1300 GT
    1984 Kawasaki ZX750-E1 Turbo
    2005 R1200 RT - gone