• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Suspected Scam Attempt On The MarketPlace

I've wondered what the rational is for having Marketplace open to all users. Most of the forums I participate in have very strict marketplace rules, as well as a minimum post count to send messages and even see FOr Sale items. It sure cuts down on the scammers.

From a post a couple of years ago...it appears that the MOA doesn't control the access credentials to the MarketPlace.

https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthrea...ost-by-98lee&p=1122924&viewfull=1#post1122924

I have bought on the Marketplace with no issues as most have. I also belong to a Harley group and sold my Harley this spring so I was clearing Harley stuff and advertising it on the forum. I find most guys to be very honest. Most transactions were ship it and I let them know the price with freight and they sent a check, one guy sent cash which I thought was weird.

I bought some parts for an old John Deere from someone out east. I told him to let me me know and I would give him a credit card number. He said he didn't take cards, but there would be a bill in the box with the address and amount. I mentioned that he was trusting and he said people that buy old tractor parts are generally honest.

A few years ago I sold a boat and some scammer that claimed to be from England wanted the boat as it was exactly what he was looking for. Sure a $4,000 Lund boat and he wanted it shipped to England. I messed with him for a while but then he must have figured out it wasn't going to happen and disappeared.

Last edited:
Christian Amenero

Just think what he could do legally if he tried. He was badgering me about an item I had on Marketplace. I got him to cough up an address. Don't know if he actually lives there, but here it is. 45022 Bronze Star Lake Elsinore, CA 92532.

Just think what he could do legally if he tried. He was badgering me about an item I had on Marketplace. I got him to cough up an address. Don't know if he actually lives there, but here it is. 45022 Bronze Star Lake Elsinore, CA 92532.

Nice house. Nice neighborhood. I bet it is not his address. :banghead

What a coincidence! I live right next door to Christian. He's a great guy....maybe. :laugh

Just fer jollies, I did a quickie Google and White Pages search.... There is such a person listed at that address, but that may not be current or actually truthful. Shows up as being in his mid-30s, used to live in Whittier (east of L.A.) and Victorville (northeast of L.A.), and shows 2 criminal/traffic records...

Late in, but just for the record, the guy is still at it.

I had an interaction with him last week regarding a tank bag I have listed.

- Michael

Just fer jollies, I did a quickie Google and White Pages search.... There is such a person listed at that address, but that may not be current or actually truthful. Shows up as being in his mid-30s, used to live in Whittier (east of L.A.) and Victorville (northeast of L.A.), and shows 2 criminal/traffic records...

If they want the shipment, scammers will have something shipped to any address, ask for tracking and grab the package before the person that owns the property gets it.

I watched a news story were they were buying cell phones and other high end electronics and somehow not paying the seller. They usually shipped to some odd address, like a vacant house or some old commercial address, ask for tracking and sit and wait at the address, grab the package and go.

Here is the shipping address if anyone is in the Lake Elsinore, CA. area =>

Christian Amenero
45022 Bronze Star Road
Lake Elsinore, CA. 92532

Back