• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

MOA Getaway - Sugar Bush, Warren, Vermont -- September 17-19, 2021

How late can one register with the MOA for the event?

Never having been to a MOA event/Getaway that's my question. Since my work schedule can change relatively last minute I would like to wait as long as possible to register with the MOA as my work schedule changing would not make me eligible for a voucher under the MOA cancellation policies. What is the registration deadline, or is there one? The resort was very accommodating when I inquired of them so that isn't an issue. TIA

Pulled the trigger and registered.

Yep, checked the cosmos and signed up. Already registered at the hotel. Looking forward to the gathering. We've ridden through the area in the past but looking to explore some different roads (paved of course as the RS isn't really designed for anything else). :wave

yep, checked the cosmos and signed up. Already registered at the hotel. Looking forward to the gathering. We've ridden through the area in the past but looking to explore some different roads (paved of course as the rs isn't really designed for anything else). :wave

yay!

Vermont!

My wife and I are looking forward to the Vermont Getaway. Spent four of my teenage summers there, did some skiing there, and some backpacking. Great state.

Herb and Maryann Hummer
Toledo Ohio

2018 S1000XR
2020 R9T

Maryann
2019 Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle
2007 Ducati Monster 695
(Oh well she is a Duc girl, what can I say?)

The Floating Bridge

The pictures of the floating bridge brought back memories. I attended college in Northfield and remember it very well. About 20 years ago I stopped by while touring and back then water would come up between the boards and there was no side rails, it was totally open. I was on an Ultra Classic and you couldn't pay me to cross it. Rumor mill is that its very deep and there are a number of vehicles and even a crane resting on the bottom.

Great riding weather ahead:

JLecoP3.png

I hope everyone coming up has a great time in central VT!

The pictures of the floating bridge brought back memories. I attended college in Northfield and remember it very well. About 20 years ago I stopped by while touring and back then water would come up between the boards and there was no side rails, it was totally open. I was on an Ultra Classic and you couldn't pay me to cross it. Rumor mill is that its very deep and there are a number of vehicles and even a crane resting on the bottom.

The first time we rode a motorcycle across that bridge was 1979 and there was a couple inches of water on the deck.
Here's a picture I copied from Mike in Vermont. The picture was probably taken a little less than 20 years ago.

Brookfield.jpg

App Gap.
Middlebury Gap.
Lincoln Gap.
8A in Mass.

Also: Passing on the double yellow is permitted unless there’s a yellow penant sign on the left,so help yourself wherever, whenever.

Beer: Long Trail Ale or Otter Creek.

You’re welcome. :1drink

Back