• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

What did you do with your motorcycle today?

After numerous weeks on the lift, installing pivot nushings, rebuilding front master cylinder, checking this and that, scrubbing out crevices, I rolled it off the lift and washed it!:dance Although I usually don't venture out on holiday weekends (amateur hour!), I feel the need.

After numerous weeks on the lift, installing pivot nushings, rebuilding front master cylinder, checking this and that, scrubbing out crevices, I rolled it off the lift and washed it!:dance Although I usually don't venture out on holiday weekends (amateur hour!), I feel the need.

So, I went for a ride on Memorial Day. I'd like to thank the makers of "Stop and Go" tire plugger kit and "Cycle Pump" compressor. Seems I'm saying this ~4-5 yrs (3 times now)! Good stuff. Now looking for an 18in rear. ;)

I bought a few bolts and went back to bolting the skid plate back on my 640. I was quickly foiled when I discovered 3 out of 4 bolts were snapped off and the 4th hole was buggered. Good thing new mounting blocks are coming in the mail.

Finally got around to replacing a worn out front swing arm boot. Good news is swing arm bearings seem good, pivot bushings tight, and drive shaft universal joints move freely. Stock shock is looking clapped out but I cannot afford an $800 replacement this year. On to valve check and belt replacement after rear is re-assembled and she's good to go again.

Boot Replacement1Boot Replacement20210601_1858021.jpg

I rode about 60 miles west to Traverse City (pronounced Traffic City) where BMW of Grand Rapids was offering test rides. They do this once or twice a year bringing a gaggle of bikes north. A rider stopped by with a 1200 GS to say hi and was planning on a trip in two weeks but had a front shock leaking (Ohlin). Had an interesting accent, maybe Australian. He was the second or third owner. He talked to Blane (BMW GR) and tried to figure out how to fix the problem in the short time ahead before his trip. They discussed what other year shocks would fit his bike (I think his was a 2009) and if BMW of GR may have something that could be swapped in while he made his trip and got the Ohlin rebuilt. All of a sudden the discussion between the riders present revealed the original owner of the GS with the leaking shock was present. Even better he had the original stock shocks from the bike on the shelf from when he put the Ohlin's on. Plans were made to have the shock checked by a tech and get it to the rider in need before his trip. It was a good ride for me today. No wucka's.

Wayne Koppa
Grayling, MI
#71,449

Changed the oil on my 640 yesterday before heading out for the weekend today. Plenty of metal on the magnetic plug but seeing as it's the first oil change since the full engine rebuild I'm not worried.

Rode a twisty route, in Ohio Appalachia
In the 90's so cooling vest must appreciated. gotta learn how to get my pics on here.

Rode all weekend chasing Coddiwomple tags. Stopped by Greenwood military base. A friend of mine worked on this one.
IMG_4826-XL.jpg

I snapped this shot of Paul doing seminars by walking around at the Kansas Rally this weekend.

Voni
sMiling

200973542_10219887437281936_4485511179810567768_n.jpg

Back