• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

What did you do with your motorcycle today?

HansenRT

Hello All!

I thought this might be a fun thread. It would be cool for folks to share stories and pictures from their rides, mods, experiences, or whatever!

Post away!

Chris (aka HansenRT)

I rode the R80ST to work, and dropped it off at one of the local Airhead “Gurus” for a checkup.
Next week I’ll ride north to the 49er, then work my way south, heading up as many “dead end” roads into the Sierras as I can manage, and arrive at the Airhead Rendezvous in Sequoia NF the following week.
Other than the slab to get there and back, it will be one perfect corner after another!
That’s what I’m hoping for, and judging from experience on roads that I have been on in that area for 50 years, a safe assumption.
Bill
The new to me R80ST

Attachments

• 2490C69B-7558-4D71-A91C-BF27503BB6DA.jpg
    2490C69B-7558-4D71-A91C-BF27503BB6DA.jpg
    551.1 KB · Views: 220
Not today, but last Saturday - our local club had a breakfast ride to a café about 100 miles away from my house. I ended up riding about 300 miles, picking up a few town names for the Grand Codddiwomple contest.

IMG_3326.jpg

IMG_3339.jpg

We explored some excellent roads in the area west of London, Kentucky. Karla and I are enroute to the Dillard Getaway where we'll be tomorrow afternoon. This trip is a practice run for our retirement at the end of next month. Karla retired in early April and I agreed to stick around for an additional quarter to allow my successor time to get up to speed so my last work date is 30 June.

As a practice run this has gone well. I especially enjoy the relatively sparse road traffic on the back roads during the week.

Rode over six CO passes and one NM, 10,000’+,all still had snow on side of road.
An abbreviated 100,000’ ride
Weather cooperated except for the gusty winds after lunch :eek

48709C53-318F-477A-B06D-E4F32A7C1952.jpeg
Forget which pass

3BFE10BE-2756-4597-99FC-2C531E3E3893.jpeg

And a coffee stop in Lake City owned by former Texans we have stopped at many times :thumb

On the fourth day of my current excursion, I packed up my camp after sleeping in the redwoods along CA hwy 36, met a friend for breakfast in Fortuna, and then rode up the Pacific coast to Florence, OR, where I’m camped for the night in a state park. Planning to head for John Day, OR, in the morning. Unfortunatey, my photos are on a real camera, not a phone but here are a couple from several days ago:
EF2B2A93-84B2-4A5D-B4A9-FCB44E6F52F4.jpg
A1F54796-E775-40E4-BCDB-071F1F17511A.jpg

I spent the afternoon cleaning several thousand miles of bugs and road grime off of my hack, to start getting it ready for the next trip. Oil change tomorrow.

Every Tuesday the Harley group I rode with for years has a Gray Pride Ride. I hop on my RT and go with. I catch some crap from them but then I offer to lead and they won't let me because they tell me they can't keep up.

Took off some bits to see if the wires on my speedo cable were good. From about 2" from the sensor it's good but other people on that bike thread on ADV (640 Adventure) think it's probably toast down at the sensor. No luck yet with getting my speedo to work.

Used a feature on the BMW Nav. VI that selects a ride route for me based on time. I set up my nav system to focus on curvy roads and avoid all highways. Then I told it to do a ride that was 3-hours long. It gave me four different routes. I picked on and off I went. WOW! I was introduced to roads I had never been on yet. I also came up on a road-side farmer's produce stand and purchased some goodies!

Peace,
Chris

Back