• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New member and soon to be new owner checking in from Clarksburg MD

solfyre

Rode a good bit when I was younger and have been out of the game for a decade or two and looking to make the best of my time in the MD country to find a good touring rig to explore and travel the MD, VA, WVa areas.

Looking for any local clubs and/or riders/groups that welcome newbies!

Also looking for an enclosed trailer and safety clothing if anyone can help point me in the right direction to get started!

Thanks in advance.....I look forward to learning a lot from this community!

SolFyre (George in MD)
BMW Touring Bike in the works

Hi George, welcome from Newfoundland. There are a lot of options out there for good riding clothing. Personally I like Klim's gear. Depends what you want really. I also have custom built leather jacket and pants that are super comfy for riding. I would suggest reading a few magazines aimed at the type of riding you plan to do as there will be ads for various brands in them. Aerostitch makes excellent clothing as well much loved by many. Good riding gear will make your riding safer and more comfortable, to me it's worth spending the $$ for quality, you don't want your gear to fail far from home.

Hola, George in MD!

Jus sayin, U have to do what feels right for your circumstance, Señor! I rode with a 2-piece AeroStich for some 25 years [cause I wanted the ability to pull my gear on over top of my work clothes]! That worked for me until I got serious about LDR. Now I wear Klim Gear (as well as does Mrs-HSV). But now we ride comfortably in our skivvies in hot weather; Later we change when we get to our destination {which is not Northrop Grumman any longer}.

Read your MOA Owner's News and do your research online... IF, you're looking for No rain-suit assurance, lots of peace of mind, then consider the quality of Klim or their equivalent. U get what U pay for! My Crotch ALWAYS got wet in the years-gone-by commuting with the AeroStich RoadCrafter outfit... Things may be better now, but that's all in My rearview mirror... I'm now approaching 400K miles on BMWs.

If you're shopping for your Beemer at Bob's BMW, or at Rockville H-D, or BMW of Dulles, or Morton's BMW in F'Burg, ask for their customer service opinion!!! Ball's in your court George.

Hope U choose wisely. Get some Good Boots too! Gloves, they're mostly all gonna bleed.... We've ridden in Hurricanes, and horrendous T'storms. Leaks are inevitable... Just decide what your threshold of wetness will be... U invest in good gear, you'll go farther and be more comfortable as the years go by....

Ciao!
HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen

'14 K-GT -- '09 650GS-twin
'75 R90S -- '82 R100CS
- - - - - - + '16 R1200RS

George; consider starting your learning & friendship in two weeks by attending the Square Route club rally (BMWBMW) in MD.

Even if you drive over in your car. As an indoctrination, you couldn't do better!

Welcome to the MOA... from Cincinnati!

Welcome solfyre! Your title says you are a soon to be new owner. Any updates on your quest to obtain?

Back