• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Fork seal replacement on R1100 RS

ksdcr

So I’m replacing one leaking fork seal ( right side). I plan to just remove the slider from the top, and leave the lower fork component in place.

Question: is there a weep hole in the top slider, and if so, what direction should this be oriented to, if that matters?

There is a vent screw in the top cap... the black plastic cap threads on to it. Once the forks are installed and fully extended, meaning no load on them, the screw should be removed so the internal pressure equalizes with atmospheric. Then reinstalled.

Giarcg,

Thanks for that reminder. However, what I’m trying to find out, is if there are holes in the fork tube, that need to be oriented in a certain direction? Ie, oriented to the front, side or towards the rear?

Giarcg,

Thanks for that reminder. However, what I’m trying to find out, is if there are holes in the fork tube, that need to be oriented in a certain direction? Ie, oriented to the front, side or towards the rear?

No there are not!

Towards the Northern Lights if visible

Bring it me. We can share some real beer and my buddy just knocked down an elk. Be good on the BBQ!

Don't worry about orientation to the Aurora Borealis, Everything migrates to it including the understanding of kindness, how simple we are and the most important, we gotta be good to ourselves so we can be good to the ones we love.

Hours man, you can stare at them at hours.

Bring it me. We can share some real beer and my buddy just knocked down an elk. Be good on the BBQ!

Don't worry about orientation to the Aurora Borealis, Everything migrates to it including the understanding of kindness, how simple we are and the most important, we gotta be good to ourselves so we can be good to the ones we love.

Hours man, you can stare at them at hours.

Stare but don't whistle at them ;)

Back