• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

St. Michael's College accomodation

FELAW

I got my MOA news on Monday with the full page article going on and on about all the rooms available at St. Michael's College. So I phoned St. Michael's on Tuesday to arrange a room. I was told that the rooms had been long sold out! The person I spoke to said that there had been a prior publication of the same information. I didn't see it. Did I miss something?

felaw

Hi Dave;
That doesn't surprize me that the rooms are all gone, they were starting to book them at the Rally in Lima Ohio.
You could check out this out:

South Burlington Comfort Inn
Fax # 802-846-3410

Best Western Windjammer
Fax # 802-658-1296

Good Luck
Darryl

The info had been posted on the Rally Info forum site as soon as the details were ironed out. I am not surprised they are all booked. :doh

No one could have booked a room with the college last year, because the arrangments with the college had not even begun to be worked out. No rooms were booked until after the announcements on the rally web pages, and in this forum.

Josh

Rally Information told it all.

Josh is right. The rally page gave advance notice about St. Michaels back in December and as I recall the college started to book rooms in February.

Last edited:
Here's the beef

I guess I just don't get it. All the rooms were sold out before the big article appeared in the MOA news. Sounds like a little insider trading to me.

felaw said:
I guess I just don't get it. All the rooms were sold out before the big article appeared in the MOA news. Sounds like a little insider trading to me.

I saw the info on the MOA website rally page and reserved a room in January.

felaw said:

Its just the print lag time, all the more reason to keep reading this WEB site.

Brian

All about the lag. Just like ads in the flea market. A lot of bikes have sold by the time the ON comes out.

St. Michaels Reservations

You may want to put your name their waiting list. I just got a townhouse after someone else cancelled their reservations. I was the 2nd person on the list, but given the time, chances are that there will be a few more cancellations (opportunities) in the months to come. :thumb

buck_taylor said:
You may want to put your name their waiting list. I just got a townhouse after someone else cancelled their reservations. I was the 2nd person on the list, but given the time, chances are that there will be a few more cancellations (opportunities) in the months to come. :thumb

I tried to get a double dorm room in March. (from the website listing) All doubles were gone, and the only thing left was the 8 BR suites. At that time there were only 4 left so I grabbed one. A friend called today, and they're #12 on the waiting list.

Buck's right....things change. People reserve, and find out they can't go, and cancel. Best to get on the list.

Back