Thread: Radio Reception

Radio Reception

R1200RT Radio reception barely audible (All Static and scanning just rolls through). Tried several different antennas, had bike serviced and checked to make sure everything is connected (Of course at the dealer he turns it on and loud and clear). In a city with strong radio in different cars. Just can't can't figure it out. Any suggestion maybe a setting not correct.

I never really fool with the radio on my bike, but have had very similar problems with my RV. I have a Jayco Melbourne, which is built on a Mercedes Benz Sprinter chassis. After the RV dealer changed out the radio 3 times, the last time with me sitting at the tech's side to see what might be going on, I still can't pick up any radio station more than about 8 miles away. The RV dealer finally said that I would have to talk to Mercedes. The Mercedes dealer says it's not their problem, talk to Jayco. The kid at the counter at the RV dealer looked at me blankly, thought for a minute and asked "Why do you want radio? Don't you have a Smartphone? Just use your Bluetooth". At first I thought "How stupid is this kid?", but, turns out he had the most viable solution. Pandora it is, then.

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    If you guys having trouble getting reception, try a wire into the center only of the antenna connection......(if you can get at it). If reception gets better, see if reception diminishes when plugged in all the way.
    About 31 inches is the best length for reception. The short “rubber duck” style are a compromise.
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

[QUOTE=jlhbmw14;1249169]R1200RT Radio reception barely audible (All Static and scanning just rolls through). Tried several different antennas, had bike serviced and checked to make sure everything is connected (Of course at the dealer he turns it on and loud and clear). In a city with strong radio in different cars. Just can't can't figure it out. Any suggestion maybe a setting not correct.[/QUOTE

same here- I gave up.