• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Radio Reception

jlhbmw14

R1200RT Radio reception barely audible (All Static and scanning just rolls through). Tried several different antennas, had bike serviced and checked to make sure everything is connected (Of course at the dealer he turns it on and loud and clear). In a city with strong radio in different cars. Just can't can't figure it out. Any suggestion maybe a setting not correct.

I never really fool with the radio on my bike, but have had very similar problems with my RV. I have a Jayco Melbourne, which is built on a Mercedes Benz Sprinter chassis. After the RV dealer changed out the radio 3 times, the last time with me sitting at the tech's side to see what might be going on, I still can't pick up any radio station more than about 8 miles away. The RV dealer finally said that I would have to talk to Mercedes. The Mercedes dealer says it's not their problem, talk to Jayco. The kid at the counter at the RV dealer looked at me blankly, thought for a minute and asked "Why do you want radio? Don't you have a Smartphone? Just use your Bluetooth". At first I thought "How stupid is this kid?", but, turns out he had the most viable solution. Pandora it is, then.

If you guys having trouble getting reception, try a wire into the center only of the antenna connection......(if you can get at it). If reception gets better, see if reception diminishes when plugged in all the way.
About 31 inches is the best length for reception. The short “rubber duck” style are a compromise.
OM

R1200RT Radio reception barely audible (All Static and scanning just rolls through). Tried several different antennas, had bike serviced and checked to make sure everything is connected (Of course at the dealer he turns it on and loud and clear). In a city with strong radio in different cars. Just can't can't figure it out. Any suggestion maybe a setting not correct.[/QUOTE

same here- I gave up.

Back