Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Should I be paying for a brake bleed six weeks after buying a new BMW?

I agree with Paul. Be the better person, and call Bob to get a peaceful and reasonable resolution, and then let us know what happened.

E.

Left Coast Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by henksijgers View Post
    I've already said I may well pick up the phone or email Bob's.
    Seriously? You haven't contacted anyone up the chain at Bob's? What a stellar idea.

Bob's doesn't have "agency" - you're the guy with the issue and it seems you haven't even afforded them the courtesy to allow them to look into your complaint. Instead you call BMW NA expecting them to do everything for you. With the time you've spent outlining your position (multiple times) you could have resolved the problem. Instead you tell your woes to everyone who can't do a thing to help. Right now you're coming off as keyboard warrior.

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1100S View Post
    Seriously? You haven't contacted anyone up the chain at Bob's? What a stellar idea.

Bob's doesn't have "agency" - you're the guy with the issue and it seems you haven't even afforded them the courtesy to allow them to look into your complaint. Instead you call BMW NA expecting them to do everything for you. With the time you've spent outlining your position (multiple times) you could have resolved the problem. Instead you tell your woes to everyone who can't do a thing to help. Right now you're coming off as keyboard warrior.
    Maybe you can provide they way to gain access to the owner? The next time you are having dinner with Bob, bring it up...maybe you could send the OP Bobís cell number via PM?
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by BC1100S View Post

Speaking from a legal viewpoint, that is exactly what Bob has. The service writer is Bob's legally designated agent, and the OP is under no obligation to speak with Bob. But, I think it is a good idea. Who knows he may get his money back, and a t-shirt. Either way the OP now has nothing to lose.

E.
    Last edited by easy; 05-22-2021 at 08:31 PM.

I can't believe that this has gone as far as it has! The fact is that no matter what, Bob is readily available by phone as long as he is physically in the store. If he has a private phone number then it should be respected as being private and not for use for business purposes.
    To bash around for an extended period of time and being reluctant to even name the Dealer tells me that perhaps there is something fishy about the whole story!
    It seems to me that If you are questioning the service guy then a simple walk up front to speak to Bob about this, would be the most direct solution to your problem. I'd certainly want to do this first and expect some sort of conclusion, before dragging it out on a public forum.
    Boxerbruce

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    I agree with Anton. I would call and talk directly to the owner since a subordinate did not provide me satisfaction. It is unlikely that BMW corporate has contacted the owner. As a matter of policy they almost never intervene is service decisions and disputes. The dealerships are after all separate businesses from the mothership. It is also unlikely that the service writer who handles dozens of services and repairs has talked to the owner since he/she seems satisfied with the decision.

While it is possible that the owner has been made aware of this thread, that is certainly not a foregone conclusion. So to me a phone call seems like a reasonable thing to do.
    It was Customer Appreciation Day at Bob's BMW today, so I was hesitant to go there and spoil anyone's day with this, but I did stop by. While I was there I spoke to my salesman and then the GM about what happened. When the GM spoke to the service writer as soon as the GM said my name to the service writer he remembered our interaction and immediately said to the GM that he didn't handle it well. The GM apologized to me for what happened and refunded my money.

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by henksijgers View Post
    It was Customer Appreciation Day at Bob's BMW today, so I was hesitant to go there and spoil anyone's day with this, but I did stop by. While I was there I spoke to my salesman and then the GM about what happened. When the GM spoke to the service writer as soon as the GM said my name to the service writer he remembered our interaction and immediately said to the GM that he didn't handle it well. The GM apologized to me for what happened and refunded my money.
    Wonderful
    As it should be on a new bike.
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Nice! Well done.

OUTSTANDING!!!!!

Outstanding for you, and the dealership. You did the right thing, and the right happened to you.

And congratulations to Bob, and Bob's.

I love it when stories have a good ending.

E.

Nick Kennedy
    AHH a Kiss and Make up
    What no lawsuit?
    This is America.
    I would have hired a billboard Lawyer.
    Any way glad you got it resolved.
    Nick

Excellent! Congratulations.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Perfect ending...congrats. Kudos to the service writer as well, who recognized and admitted he was not having a very good day. Haven't we all been there at some point?
    Larry Gregerson; Bend, OR
    MOA #93031

I just wanted to thank everyone who was supportive, provided insight, or contributed constructive criticism to help me work through this issue.

I remain exceptionally dissatisfied with BMW Customer Relations, who I believe managed nothing other than to increase my concerns and unhappiness by dragging their feet for something as simple as merely discussing my case with me, apparently not engaging the dealership at all, and then taking a position that did nothing but give the appearance they weren't interested in protecting their brand's customers. It was ten days from the opening of the case until the agent assigned to the case spoke with me, and then they were singularly unhelpful.

I was pleased and reassured with how the dealership staff treated me when we spoke in person this afternoon.

Iím so happy for you. Glad the stress is gone.
    Anton Largiader 72724
    Tech articles - YouTube
    Virginia Motorrad Werkstatt BMW motorcycle service and repair in central Virginia