• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Back on a BMW again in SoCal

danketchpel

Well I recently decided to add a 2018 BMW R NineT Urban GS to the garage. It's been roughly 10 yrs since I've had a BMW, though I had my last one (1982 R100RS) for 28 yrs from a new purchase. The Urban shares garage space with several other brands.

I enjoy both street and off-road riding plus touring 2 up with my wife.

When I was buying my '82 R100RS I test rode a '82 R80 GS so there was a nostalgic "pull" towards the Urban GS. I had been casting about for a current BMW and test rode a 1250 GS, very nice bike, but given the Moto Guzzi Stelvio I own didn't make sense. But the Urban GS looked very appealing. So I hunted one down that had the options that I wanted. I wish I'd paid attention back in '18, I would have bought one new then but I guess I wasn't ready yet.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to a new ownership and riding experience.

20210504_083447-1.jpg

Back