• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Horrible MOA experience

Ted's message only relayed that he knew the insurance company contacted me. No instruction on how to handle the situation. I called Ted several times and got and automated voice mail. I did not leave a message. My bad I guess. I detest generic voice mails. Thanks to all involved. Even though I got a positive resolution it shouldn't have been so difficult. I am only speaking from past claims experience. The process was more user friendly.

Ted's message only relayed that he knew the insurance company contacted me. No instruction on how to handle the situation. I called Ted several times and got and automated voice mail. I did not leave a message. My bad I guess. I detest generic voice mails. .

At the very least you should have left a message saying Thank You Ted.

Forms Not Available

Having read the BMW ON article, I looked at the Platinum Coverage info on the MOA website. There are two links to forms needed to make a claim. Both links do not work. I've mentioned it to MOA, so hopefully that will soon be corrected.

Having read the BMW ON article, I looked at the Platinum Coverage info on the MOA website. There are two links to forms needed to make a claim. Both links do not work. I've mentioned it to MOA, so hopefully that will soon be corrected.

Both links worked for me.
The links download a PDF file and you may not have noticed the download.

Walked by the bike yesterday and darn a flat rear tire. Nail in the middle of tread. 3K miles on tire. Pumped it up and limped to dealer, three miles away. Showed them the MOA card. They called and MOA has this long check list to fill out plus pics. Four phone calls later and MOA still hasn't approved paying for the tire. Tire met all the requirements for replacement. They quit answering the phone. The service writer went above the call of duty on a busy day to get the tire covered. He said I could leave the bike and he would continue to call MOA or he would discount the tire. I went with the discount. This ordeal transpired over a period of three hours. I have used the tire replacement two other times over the years and it had been seamless. When my membership is up I will not renew. It shouldn't be this hard to get coverage. Very dissatisfied.
tire sellers do not like these hassles.

__________________________________________________________________________________

HI Buck, I don't blame you for being PO'd, I would be too. I've never joined in any of those programs just for that reason; most of them are a hassle when you need them. I would ask you to not quit the MOA for having that problem though. We didn't join because of these so called benefit programs in the first place. It was because we are a group of like minded folks able to discuss BMW motorcycles, build relationships and find answers when we need them. Your sharing of this story might help improve the way the MOA and the insurance company handles these tire coverage claims.
Why all the flat tires; I've been riding for 50 years and have had only one flat tire and that was a blowout on the front of a r90s back in the late 70's. You might say, "well you ain't ridden much." But, that ain't true. I've been everywhere Man.

__________________________________________________ ________________________________

HI Buck, I don't blame you for being PO'd, I would be too. I've never joined in any of those programs just for that reason; most of them are a hassle when you need them. I would ask you to not quit the MOA for having that problem though. We didn't join because of these so called benefit programs in the first place. It was because we are a group of like minded folks able to discuss BMW motorcycles, build relationships and find answers when we need them. Your sharing of this story might help improve the way the MOA and the insurance company handles these tire coverage claims.
Why all the flat tires; I've been riding for 50 years and have had only one flat tire and that was a blowout on the front of a r90s back in the late 70's. You might say, "well you ain't ridden much." But, that ain't true. I've been everywhere Man.
same here!

also:

Back