• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Sena 50R/Sena 30K Mesh Connections? Possible?

jgoertz

Has anyone successfully connected their 50R with a 30K? If so, what steps did you take? Both units are running the latest firmware.

A couple of evenings ago I sent a request for help to the Sena Support desk. Today I received this reply:

</quote>
Hi Jack,

Good day!

All Sena Devices are compatible with each other either via Bluetooth or Mesh connection.

To pair a Sena 30K with the Sena 50R via Mesh, turn on the headsets and tap the Mesh button once and it will automatically connect with Open Mesh, Channel 1.

Note: the Sena 30K should be running on the latest firmware version 3.1.1 to make it compatible with Mesh2.0

I hope this can help.

Sincerely,

Yobonne
Technical Support Dept.
www.sena.com
www.buysena.com
</endquote>

We're checking the firmware version on the 30K and then we'll try again. Looks like it should work, and very simply!

If both 50R and 30K have the latest software, mesh communication should work fine in public mesh.
The group I ride with has a mix of 30K and 50S and we have no issues in mesh mode.
Steps are easy, turn on your Sena, activate mesh mode. That's it!
The mesh mode button is right there on top, behind the antenna.

Back